Masters Running

Windy Sunday Daily 10-26-14 (Read 39 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I think wild is wildbeastrunner in all best possible senses!!  Congrats on the AG and congrats to enke on the AG award!

+1

I hope Mariposai is okay out there and keeping warm (if not dry).

Twocat - that seems like a super-speedy time for a hilly HM in my book.

Roch - do you know if the marathon sells out usually?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm kind of cheating on the wildbeastrunner thing, since I'm running at sea level!  But it sure is fun to be able to run uphill feeling so strong!  The trail race was really pretty, at least what I could see of it, since my eyes were mostly on the trail ahead of me.   Hope Mariposai is having fun out there!

Who all is registered for the Michigan race, and who's thinking about it?

Hope everyone's having a greta weekend!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Great running for the west coast crew!!  Hope Mari survives the 50K and the rain.  Oh, and a string of nice halfes (halves?) for TC, Amy, and Dave.

I made 18-1/4 miles today. that's the 2nd longest run I've ever done.  (only the actual marathon was longer)  Not terribly fast, but generally happy.  I'm still sort of working on feeding myself, but seem to have settled on Gatorade drink and chews.  Hope it holds up.  Still ended up hungry.

We did the final camp closing yesterday and apparently, I used my legs a bit more than I thought-they were (and are) toast.

Hi Deb--nice non-post.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Go, Posie Lady!!!

Congrats to Carolyn and Enke!

Welcome back, Holly.

Ribs - Am looking forward to reading your article.

Our grass grows year-round here, which is nice since The Hub's business is mowing lawns.  In the winter, it's a matter of open windows of time when it's not raining, the ground isn't completely soggy, and (hopefully) the grass is knee high.

Today was a rest day . . . I've been enjoying those way too much the last couple of weeks.  And since The Hub has been cooking some great food for the past few days, I gotta get back on the bandwagon.  Although it's still no running until after we get back from vacation in November, I can feel the need to hit the stat bike longer and harder.  I am sort of living it up until the end of month, since November 1 is my self-imposed date to go back on the ole "no grain" thing.  I think it will help to be working on the MET when I'm not training for a race.

Okay - back to the transcription I go ~~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm kind of cheating on the wildbeastrunner thing, since I'm running at sea level! 

But it sure is fun to be able to run uphill feeling so strong! 

The trail race was really pretty,

Knowing how relentlessly steep the  Cougar Mountain Trails are that I couldn't even hardly run even when I could run and where getting lost is expected, I was kind of expecting an RR more like.

Even though I was running at sea level, there's no cheating on those Courgar Mountain Hills.

In fact, each one is more like a mountain in its own right.

It sure would have been fun to have been able to have run uphill feeling strong,

Even though I had to walk at lot, the trail race was really pretty..

I hope Mariposai is doing well too in her first Cougar Mountain outing.

I'm sorry I wasn't there in the 20-miler to be able to help in case she get lost.

I hope the post deluge sun warmed her up and out of any hypothermia,.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Posie’s possible RR (I hope).
              Other than a little rain that quickly dried out early in the 50K, my wings couldn’t have been happier flying up-and-down those supposed Cougar Mountain Hills in the sun some runners somehow think are so daunting. The gushing wind was playing a symphony in the trees with yellow broadleafs falling around me like magical, golden flakes of snow. Tet doesn’t know what he missed, . . or maybe he does. Sheesh, he ought to come over to the Methow Mountains for the Sunflower Marathon for some real trail runs sometime.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

ribs, nice racing even though you didn't beat Bill and Frank.  Speedy halfs for Twocat and Aamos.  Good job enke and wild with AG awards.  Nice long run for stumpy.

This morning, it was in the low 40s and there was a little wind.  I did 3 miles at a 10:55 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Congratulations to all who raced, today...enke and wild...Posie in her 50K...and Paul at the Marine Corp Marathon.  After seeing his medal on Facebook, I think I'm going to have to do that one.

I woke up at 6:00 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and did 6 miles before church.  It was beautiful out!  The sun was just coming up, absolutely no wind, and 34o.  I was keeping a very close "watch" on my butt/hamstring issue and am very happy to say I think I'm getting better.  I'm going to keep taking it easy and putting Icy Hot on it and see how the week goes.  I really want to start ramping things up, again November 1st.  Now I just have to figure out what I'll be ramping up for.

Okay--that's it.  See ya!

12.2 miles up Waterton Canyon, elevation 5500' to 6200'

Great morning for a run.  Low-mid. 8s heading out and a little under 8 on the return. Saw 6 mountain sheep including two full curl rams that were just 10 ft away.

Mariposai

Thanks for the good wishes, folks. I did finish my little run of 50k on the worse trail elevation gains there is in this area according to the race director. It was wet, raining on and off and very slippery (funny that Wildchild sees the course as sea level), but then again she did not go up and down two mountain summits, with a total elevation gain of 7800ft, which is a lot for my wings), but if she did, this still will be a tamed race for her.

I am now being pampered by Enkie with a great glass of wine and a steak dinner that is to come some. I love my sistahhh Enkie. She is so awesome

I will write a RR later this week.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hiya everyone, I have been gone on my annual quilt retreat with 32 lovely ladies from all over Minnesota. We meet at a camp retreat center and have a great time working on projects and taking a few new classes. The weather was perfect and I got in 2 nice runs in gorgeous fall weather. I came back early to go to an Eagles concert here in town, well it is a group that performs all of their songs and they were fantastic!

Today the the wind really picked up here to 30mph so I waited till 6pm to go from my usual run around the lake. It was a bit calmer and I got to see a pretty sunset.  My average pace has been coming down to around 11:05 so that is encouraging too.  I have an appointment with te podiatrist tomorrow about my stiff big to, "Hallus Rigidis" is the official name. I think I will have the surgery but don't know when. I had a notice in the mail about my July visit to him from the insurance company. They said he wasn't in the network but I thought I had checked that out. MrStarr just had surgery from him a month ago so that will probably be denied too. I guess I will be on the phone for a while tomorrow.

i need to catch up here, but congrats to Mariposai, wildchild, enke, Tet, twocat and the other racers and runners. Sorry if I missed anyone. Good night. Have a great week everyone, I missed you.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Awesome racing, all! Way to tough out some unpleasant conditions, Mariposai. I'm all to familiar with muddy trails after this year's Equinox.

Looks like you're adapting to that elevation well, Trackrat. Nice run for you today!

I got out this afternoon for a nice run on plowed bike paths (mostly) and ended up carrying my spikes for most of the run. 13.6 miles at about 8:16 avg pace. Saw my BGF Jann at an intersection and chatted briefly while she was at the red light. Chatted with the "vote yes on 2" folks (Alaska's marijuana legalization initiative) at another intersection, and gave hugs and skritches to Cesar, the best dog ever (gives Rottweilers a whole new image as love sink sweeties!) while chatting with his owner about halfway thru my run. A great day to be out there, even if the temps were a bit chilly at 20° at the start, and 17° at the end.

SteveP

So roch, really?  Let's do it, then.  Don't want to miss the cap, for sure.

(Are recommending staying in Petrosky?--I can figure out where to stay later; any other places any closer you'd recommend? )

Steve and Tag, please to note this.   Weekend of June 27th--please put it in your datebooks?  I'm buying Tag ice cream.

I am registered for Charlevoix!!!!

grins,

A.

Ribs, Did you get autographs?

Yay DG!! Good to see ya!

Who all is registered for the Michigan race, and who's thinking about it?

Will discuss with DW. I'd sure like to register.I believe we're open.

Insurance companies make me sad, Starr

Tuesday I registered Noah and I for the Zombie Run 5K. Wednesday, I hurt my back. Don't know how. Thursday, I could not put weight on my right leg. Friday AM, I wanted to adopt our chiropractor. Saturday AM, I threw a costume together for Tag and was chasing around at 24 hour stores for last min make up.

There is $2.04 into AD's outfit. Noah forgot his teddy bear and blanket in the truck while DD#1 parked. Third time entering this event. I am amazed at the people who freak out and tell me Tag is bleeding.

Here's a barefoot runner for Tet

Norah to cheer her brother along.

We did wind up getting beat by a 6 year old. It looks as though Noah did have a rough day.

our two new grandchildren got baptised today!!

SteveP

...I love steveP's pictures....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

me too tom

Here's a barefoot runner for Tet

Steve really needs to do a race out here in Seattle too.

Not that I would wear anything but standard running attire but we need more goofbal.... I mean running batmen, etc.