Masters Running

TGIF May 7 Runs and such..... (Read 470 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

OMG - those twins are adorable!

Okay, I will admit here and now that I am envious of those of you who have coaches....Undecided

And I never carry a cell phone with me, and DH has never rescued me from a LR.  I think even if I did carry a cell phone, his response if I called would be WTF? (unless I actually snapped an ankle or something)  I don't need another reason for him to say that my running inconveniences him or gets in the way of family activities....

I took a vacation day today (trying to use up that seven days I have accrued).  I had visions of taking a really long run, but my legs gave up the ghost after 9 miles @ 9:56.  Stubbornly holding out, knowing I had dinner out plans, I continued on the TM for 8 more miles, taking breaks at the commercials to put in laundry, clip coupons, make my grocery list, etc.

17 miles total

I took DS out to dinner tonight at PF Changs - just the two of us.   First time for him at a fancy (for us) restaurant, first time in a long time for us to have some quality mom/son time....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

Greetings.  Moderately easy 8 this morning. Planned to swim but pool too  crowded. Oh well.

I love the cyles of long run. sniveling self pity does me no good though. My Dh would be unlikely to want to rescue me and I hardly ever run with my phone.  So I have to suck it up one way or the other.

Happy Mothers Day!

Loved Sally's post.  I've only had to call The Hub once.  It was the 2nd of back-to-back LRs.  I can't remember how many miles I was suppose to run, but I do remember the phone call, then sitting on a pallet of sacks of wood pellets outside of Safeway, all teary while eating a banana.  Just knew there was no way I'd ever make it through the 50-miler I was training for. Roll eyes

OM - You're gonna have a blast at that relay.

Sorry for not hittin' each of ya, but I'm pooped.  1 hr pool run this afternoon.  I pushed it this time 'round, and was huffing and puffing.   I guess you could say I was "water sprinting."  "Run" as hard as I could for two lengths of the deep end, then ease up for two lengths.  Turn around, repeat. Good cardio workout, and my arms are dang tired, too.  It's not exciting exercise, but it's definitely a good all body workout.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

OMG - those twins are adorable!

I took DS out to dinner tonight at PF Changs - just the two of us.   First time for him at a fancy (for us) restaurant, first time in a long time for us to have some quality mom/son time....Smile

SteveP