Masters Running

40s 50s 60s and Beyond On the Run - w/e 10/03 (Read 588 times)

Hey All - 

Carol - Nice cruisin' on the bike!

Arla - You and Joe are my "consistent" gurus.  Nice steady progress.

I've lost a bit of my mojo, and I've only run/worked out period once this week.  However, my coach sent me a preliminary schedule that will take me through my run in April and {sigh} to say the least, I'd better find my mojo and pretty darn quick.  Funny how 6+ mos of workouts can fit on one page when it's "preliminary."

Well, I've been behind all morning, so I gotta go.  You guys are helping me to get motivated again.

Oh - And I still haven't looked for my Garmin.  Did I mention I'm low on mojo at the moment??

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Well, heck Leslie, you just came off a tough, hot, hilly marathon. You shouldn't expect to have much mojo this week. Mix up a big pitcher of margs and forget about running for a few days.

Ex runner

Mix up a big pitcher of margs and forget about running for a few days.

Well, alrighty then!! 

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

kewl!!  I'll be riiight over !  

yup, I took another day off...wasn't the plan....just sorta happened that way

wind is still blowing, although not 60 mph gusts anymore! ...got up to a crispy 52*  & snowing up top...freeze warning for D town tonight...located my winter tights already.

Nice cycling there Carol!  I hear mtn bikes are a more intense workout than road bikes.... 

I hear'd a rumor that some rag-taggity TX football team is gonna visit Invesco on Sunday....hmmm  can't go, GD won't be on the field for this one!  shouldn't be much of a competition....even the coach is younger than my kids!  (did I just say that!?)

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

flatland mountaineer

I bagged my run today also. I just won't run on the treeless plains in 60 mph winds. Alot of dirt in the air here. My ground was holding as we are all no-till and leave crop residue on top to prevent such among a whole host of other reasons.

Leslie I'm sure Lynda will be over for some Marg's, ya you need a little easy time after the big race not to mention 16 hrs of drive time.

Joe congrats on a 300 m mo.

Arla ya the marathon girl runs with Lynda's club when she is back in town. She comes from good stock athletically but has worked at it also, her dad walked on at Nebraska Football and her mom is a runner. She is really good about slowing down but its still a tempo run for Lynda. Kinda like me running with Jonathan. BTW Jonathan had a really good editorial in the November RTimes "preachin' to the choir" among our group but a message alot of folks need to hear.

Carol you were a cruisin' pretty good on that mtn bike. My sis has a cool Trek road bike, don't know if she still rides, but think it would give quite abit more confidence at speed.

LOL about the Ceasar comment, We have to keep reminding Dessa who the real pack leader is!! She is really coming around, extremely smart and quick but terribly persistant and a huge tease. The tooth fairy is now coming around quite regularly now, can't say I'm gonna miss those razor puppy teeth.

Ev glad to see you back among the runners. And yes other than today really nice time of year to run on the plains.

Didn't do alot outside today, just too miserable for man or beast and what I need to do was all outside. Lynda and I returned a chemical shuttle to the dealer and got some parts then worked on the combine til dark. Hope to roll a little on a limited scale this weekend. Gonna be a challenge to train for a half and harvest. They have moved in some more equipment to build my bin but still haven't started up with it. Hope they get after it soon. Don't know if we will have enough corn to fill it anyway. My grand plan was to store into next year and sell into better demand markets, plan still looks good, just won't have as much corn.  Harvest won't be fun regardless,  Should go fast tho!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

jfa

Busy bunch even if we're busy resting. I'll vote for leaving the Garmin/watch home at least once a week.Just go with the flow and let the ol bod determine what "easy" is. Cooling off quickly for most of us it seems.Only 55* on the boardwalk tonight and already the population in the evening is getting sparse. It's good people watching there when its warm but soon it's time to move to my winter route on the paved bike path. More in the woods for a wind break.

Somebody say something about Friday? 

Love them football rivalries!  And Cindy, no you didn't say the coach is younger than your kids. 

And Joe - How could I have missed it?  Congrats on your 300-mile month, you young stud, you. 

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

3.1 this morn, cold and windy. Dessa went 2.6 of it, she is starting to really look forward to it.

Have a good TGIF day Peeps

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Top 'O the World!

Okaaay, maybe not...but it's close!   We got him from NE this year...found this in bio:  Josh McDaniels attended John Carroll University, where he played quarterback and wide receiver for the Blue Streaks from 1995-98    McDaniels began his coaching career in 1999 as a graduate assistant at Michigan State, working under head coach Nick Saban... He joined the Patriots on March 1, 2001...ok, my youngest son graduated HS in '99, so I guess he's a couple yrs older.

T.G.I.F!!!!   to all you officey ppl!! 

Anybody racing this wknd??

Set a record low temp this am @ 26*F...previous record was 30*....came within 2* of setting a record high @ 87* on Tuesday!!!   gotta luuuv Colorado! ~at least the wind isn't blowing this am...so, I'd better get my rear in gear!

Laters!~

Cindy  

mta: 6ish sproinky hilly miles @ 11:10 av pc!  what a difference a rest break makes!! WooHoo! 

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

mta: 6ish sproinky hilly miles @ 11:10 av pc!  what a difference a rest break makes!! WooHoo! 

Good for you!

Me - I turned the alarm off - again - and went back to bed after feeding the cats.  I've been sleeping hard at night, and that's fairly unusual.  It's felt really good. 

So this is what my schedule over the next 6 mos is shaping up to be.  Tues/Thurs will include strength training.  Please tell me I'm not stupid for doing this. 

<col width="81" style="width: 61pt;" /> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" /> <col width="54" span="3" style="width: 41pt;" /> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" /> <col width="54" span="2" style="width: 41pt;" /> <col width="153" style="width: 115pt;" />
                      Monday's M T W T F S S
                      Date 10 10
                      28-Sep REST 3 5 3 REST 16 11
                      5-Oct REST 3 5 3 REST 18 12
                      12-Oct REST 3 5 3 Vacation
                      19-Oct 5 Vacation Runs = 4 x 13 miles & 1 x 5 miles
                      26-Oct REST 3 5 3 REST 16 13
                      2-Nov REST 3 10 3 REST 18 13
                      9-Nov REST 3 10 1x10 and 1x10x10 while at Conference
                      16-Nov 10 3 10 3 REST 24 10
                      23-Nov REST 3 10 3 REST 10 6
                      30-Nov REST 3 5 3 REST 0 31 Desert High 50K
                      7-Dec REST 3 10 3 REST 14 14
                      14-Dec REST 3 10 3 REST 16 15
                      20-Dec REST 3 10 3 REST 18 16
                      28-Dec REST 3 10 3 REST 18 18
                      4-Jan REST 3 10 3 REST 20 20
                      11-Jan REST 3   3 REST 10 8 Recovery Week
                      18-Jan REST 3 10 3 REST 22 16
                      25-Jan REST 3 10 3 REST 20 20
                      1-Feb REST 3 10 3 REST 24 10
                      8-Feb REST 3 10 3 REST 10 6
                      15-Feb REST 3 5 3 REST 31 0 Hagg Lake 50K
                      22-Feb 3 10 10 1x10 and 1x10x10 while at Conference
                      1-Mar REST 3 10 3 REST 24 16 LONG "AR50"  RUN
                      8-Mar REST 3 10 3 REST 26 18 LONG "AR50"  RUN
                      15-Mar REST 3 10 3 REST 28 16 LONG "AR50"  RUN
                      22-Mar REST 3 10 3 REST 20 10 SHORT "AR50"  RUN
                      29-Mar REST 3 10 3 REST 8 6
                      5-Apr REST 3 5 3 REST 50 0 AR 50!
                      "AR50" RUN is done on Saturday ---- maybe also on one or two Sundays?
                      "AR50" RUN = YOUR HEADWATERS RUN ADJUSTED FOR MILEAGE
                      1x10x10 = 10 miles in the morning & 10 miles in the  afternoon/evening/night
                      Wednesday runs of 10 miles includes some Fartleks

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Leslie,  6 mos. is a HUGE commitment...but then again, so is a 50 miler!  It looks very reasonable to me, given the two rest days a week.  & I'm betting those 3's are "active recovery" days...so, great day for moderate/light cross training....my friend who took 1st female @ WS100, said in an interview (I didn't ask her) that she trains 4-41/2 hrs a day!! in addition to being a teacher/married/mother of 4!...but then, she's been running hard since she was a little kid....basically, that's what her body is tuned to & it puts her in a position to be able to just drop & do any race that comes into her radar.
                           I'm betting those 3's are "active recovery" days...so, great day for moderate/light cross training....

Yes, they'll be run 3 miles an easy pace, followed by strength training.  It usually takes me 1.5 to 1.75 hours to get through all of that.  He'll probably also let me take one of those days and turn into a 30+ min cycling session if I feel like I need the break.

Speaking of (stationary) cycling and strength training, The Hub has had better electrical run to my workout shed AND I've been told to call the cable company and get the cable run out there.   Yee Haw!!

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Jim.....it's great to back amongst the runners, that's for sure.  My mental state is much improved.  OK...that's not saying much.  I, too, bagged my run on Wed.  Very windy here.  Today is back to gorgeous!

Joe....congrats on the 300 mile month!  You da man!

Leslie.....wow!  Be careful with those HUGE weekends.  You're awesome.

Mtn.....about that rag-taggity team from TX.  You said it "shouldn't be much of a competition."  I'm not sure I know how you mean that!  I was looking forward to seeing more pics of your GD on the field......sorry she's not going to be there.

Hey Carol, Stumpy, Arla, Jewels, evryone else.

Yes........it's Friday!   A nice 6er with the lovely mrs day....plus a 3 mile walk.  I've got a local 5K tomorrow.....with my recent training (or lack thereof) I'm predicting sub 27 minutes.  I'll go out on a limb and say 26:15.

Have a great weekend.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Top 'O the World!

Ev:  the Junior Cheerleaders only get to be on field abt 4 games per year...I was crewing TRR for her 1st, running in Boulder for her 2nd....next up is Nov 22....Now, I meant that we have a really green team this year! lotsa changes, but in the early season, so far we're 3 for 3....local sportscaster last night though said something like, "Congratulations! You beat the Raiders...want respect, beat the Cowboys".....   

& btw: ref Joe's 300 mile month (congratulations)  been log stalking peeking & see this ~

July:  243.2   7.845 av per day

Aug:  286.8   9.25 ave per day

Sept: 320.2   10.67 ave per day

now, I don't want to criticize or nuttin, but I'm thinkin "he needs to git a life! take a vacation! (add P90X to his routine to add in a little light crosstraining).    post a picture so's us wimmin can git a peek judge the results!

jfa

Ha Cindy, you have revealed me again! Hey, did I tell you ?I'm an empty nester now!  And my profile pic is from this summer. Most of the time, I'm just into running for 1.5- 2 hrs a day. If I don't feel like it,I have been going anyway and never regret it. Work has been uncertain at times,youngest son starting college ,and wth,everyone has stress.The running takes care of it for me! I'm not sure yet,but with you and Leslie,and Kelly and oodles more folk around here,maybe I have an ultra in me one day!

BTW,that football team from Denver is 3-0 !

Leslie- that's a challenging sched for sure.Sat and Sun are pretty long put together. I see the purpose of that.Good going on your gym upgrade!

Jim- that's great for Dessa that she can run free? It makes such a difference to the dogs.She sounds like a bundle of fun!

Ev- GOOD LUCK with your race! Take er easy and have some fun!

Working in Manhattan today so got a 6 er along the waterfront. Nice change of scenery.

Great Weekend Folks!