Masters Running

Happy Moms Day ! Sun May 8th Runs (Read 464 times)

Mariposai

Hard fought soccer game ended in a 2-2 tie. Kids played well.  Then DS wanted to practice more lax... there are nets near the soccer field.  A mother's work is never  done I tell you...

You are so right!!!

Well, I finally went for a run after our friends left and I had the chance to take a nap Joking. 11 miles total for a 45 mile week. My legs were tired, but I was amazed how smooth the run went. Good week with three races in two weekends. My butterfly wings are doing well. Time to rest up a bit tomorrow and then back to high mileage for the next two weeks before taper time. 

Hermosaboy, you are right, I had a manic marathon cooking yesterday. Our party lasted a long time because our friends are well known physicians in the area who moved away, so once  a few of their friends found out that they were in town the word about the party spread like a wild fire. This is fun, since most of their friends are also our friends (small community), so I had anticipated a large crow. So...coooking away I did. Mainly finger foods, lots of cheeses, a few loaves of twocat's brown bread which goes great with goat cheese and other spread. Some mediterrenean finger food and salads, some Caribbean appetizers that I marinated thru the week...so it was not over whelming to produce the spread after the race. 

Time to go to play in the garden!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

21 miles today, just about 8:15 average. Run felt good but the last couple miles were hard. I think I needed another Gu, or some fig newtons or something. And my Garmn started measuring short miles in the second half. It was about .1 mile short of known mile markers, then started being right on target. Then short a bit. It said my mile 21 was 7:40 pace and there's just no way... So, I made myself go till it said 21.25, and I'm calling it 21. Beautiful day if not still a bit chilly. But you can't argue with that bright sunshine and no rain!

Ok now to clean up and get ready for MIL coming over for dinner. We're doing a leg of lamb on the grill, mushroom risotto, salad and steamed veggies. Yum.

Happy Mother's Day friends!!  miss you all!!  doing a little running/walking here and there but not a lot yet.

My dh coooked a delicious salmon late lunch for us and all 4 of the boys were home - made me a happy momma to have all my men together with me.  Then a short nap and now here at work for the night helping other women become mothers!

denise

. . . now here at work for the night helping other women become mothers!

Now that's a wonderful thing to do on Mother's Day. Smile

Lame - What's "lax"?

Ugh!  I have a full blown case of the flu!  Anybody have some Theraflu they can send my way?  I finally gave up trying to maneuver on the crutches and crawled around trying to feed the cats.  Kept having to lay down on the floor 'cause I thought I was gonna pass out.  Those cats - no understanding.  Spoiled little turds.  Glad I decided to not go pool running.  crawling off to the couch . . . .

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

That's the one Holly -- I was a boy in Hermosa Beach, Ca.  That's why I am Hermosaboy...

When were you out there???

I was in Southern California in my 20's (mid-80's to mid-90's).  I lived in Huntington Beach most of that time, but loved Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Sunset Beach.  We went back to visit DH's mom and sisters last year, but it sure has gotten crowded in HB.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

HermosaBoy

I was in Southern California in my 20's (mid-80's to mid-90's).  I lived in Huntington Beach most of that time, but loved Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Sunset Beach.  We went back to visit DH's mom and sisters last year, but it sure has gotten crowded in HB.

Yup, it has gotten crowded.  At least it still has the same beach bum vibe in Hermosa.  We won't talk about Manhattan...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Marathon Maniac #957

We won't talk about Manhattan...

We didn't get up there on our visit - what's it like these days?  I was talking strictly about the beach itself, btw, not the city itself.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

HermosaBoy

The bulk of Manhattan has totally lost the beach vibe in my opinion.  Went way overboard during the yuppy period.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob