Masters Running

Chilly in South Florida; Wednesday 1/4/2012 Daily (Read 404 times)

Just a fly by so I stay in the habit.

15 hour workday today and another one tomorrow so no run until Friday. Then I am on the midnight shift for Friday and Saturday. I am not sure when everyone thinks I might sleep but what the hey just glad to be working.

Happy Birthday Dave

Good luck Mike

Have fun Wildchild

Good night Irene

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

SteveP

CNY, tell Hudson we experimented with a combo that we hope will keep Tag dry if we get to a snowshoe race this year. We've tried boots. That didn't work out as well as we would have liked.

Tammy, Tag thinks your dawgs are hawt.

What part of Lake Orion are you from Hallar? I lived on Bellevue Island 30+ years ago. It's where I started running.It made staying out of jail so much easier. Stay in school kids.

I'm glad you're OK Doug. 

Erika, you can get kits to insulate your garage door and replace the weather stripping. Do your cars run on propane?

Very cool Dave. Happy Birthday!!

TomW, as far as pace goes, there are days when it would take an hour and a half to watch 60 Minutes.

MikeE. I have every bit of faith in you. Were pants at the first interview. Don't ask how I know this.

It was after 6:00 when I got home from work. Put the running shoes on , left the work cloths on, and took Tag to a mile loop we do. DW and I call it Tag's Psycho Path It's my first night time trail run in a few years. What a blast. I had a little head lamp on and when the dog bolted towards me, I'd see an increasingly larger dark spot with glowing green eyes and hear trampling. The last .5 was up a gentle grade and the uneven surface and ice made it extra challenging. Near the truck, the dog exploded after something. His tracks were about as far apart as I am tall. Then I saw deer tracks mixed with his. I did the mad voice and he came back all out of breath and was doing his, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it and I'll never do it again I promise this time" dance. First, I made sure he didn't smell like skunk. When we got home, Tag started the same song and dance with DW. She said, "What'd he do?". She knew the answer before she asked the question. She told him that if he got hit by a car, lost or shot, he's never get ice cream again.  

SteveP

SteveP

Happy Birthday Dave

Good luck Mike

Have fun Wildchild

Good night Irene

Good Night John Boy.

SteveP

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I feel for you Byll.   DD spent her time freezing here in Boston after 3 years in LA.  And we had the 2nd warmest Dec. on record.  I think it might have finally gotten to be winter around here--10° this morning for a 3.1 mile lake loop.  Nice frozen beard at the end.

Right now, I'm staying up later than I like to see if the furnace will cycle on and off properly.  DW called just before the end of work to say that it was 51° in the living room and could I leave a little early to see if there was something to do to get it going.  the gas valve seems to shut off when the furnace does.  Seems like I may be waiting around in the monring for one of the gas company guys.  Roll eyes 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I forgot to say happy birthday to Dave, so . . . .

7.12 miles in 1:12 this evening, with 7 hill strides and 1 long hill repeat.  In retrospect, I think my forced lay-off was a good thing as, although I'm slower than before the injury, I'm feeling strong right now.  It feels good!  My poor toe, though, is killing me.  Waaaa!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

#artbydmcbride

Happy Birthday Dave

Good luck Mike

Have fun Wildchild

Good night Irene

Its Ilene   Big grin   Goodnight!