Masters Running

Windy and Warm last day of January ....... (Read 500 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning .... just a quick fly by to report my 4 miles this morning.   Boy, was it warm out there!   I even had to take my gloves off at one point.   Usually when I get home I have to sit and have coffee to warm up, this morning I had to cool down.     Took the yak's off after .75 miles and  set them by a street sign.   Getting them back on was a bit comical, but I got it done.   Good think it was dark o'clock!

Busy, busy .... hope to check back in later.

Happy Tuesday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Thanks for starting us off, Mary.

Hang in there, Tim.

I can't really imagine -50F.  But I would be willing to pose in just my bike shorts in front of the  sign for a photo op if I ever get stranded in Alaska in winter just for the bragging rights.

I laughed when I read this.  I wonder if Skip was that kid with his tongue on the schoolyard flagpole?

EZ 15 (8:23) to wrap up the month. Another gorgeous day heading into the 60s today.

Enjoy the rest of January!

BTW--primary day, isn't it?  There is an alternative: The Canada Party (warning a couple of cuss words).

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!  Thanks for the link, Tramps--I think I like Canada just as much as anybody else I've seen.  Seriously--wouldn't you think that of all the people we have in this country that we could find somebody--I wouldn't care if they were Republican, Democrat, Wig, or anything else--but somebody that we could be excited about?  Okay--that's all the politics I can handle for one day.

Well...I should have kept my big mouth shut the other day.  I finally heard back from Ryan's coach and he is planning on scheduling a meet for Twin Cities Marathon weekend.  Depending on where it's at, I probably won't be around to do everything I offered to do for anybody wanting to run it.  BUT--if you do want to do it, let me know your plans and Im sure that I can help in some way.  I would still be willing to let you stay at my house if you wanted to and I'd, probably, be abe to get you to the start on Sunday morning.  So, anyway--that's that.

Okay--is there anyhing else I wanted to talk about?  Hmm...nope--I guess not.  Okay--that's it.  See ya.

Mariposai

Good morning Mary, Tramps and MikeE and all those who will follow.

Timbo, I wish you the best! Hang in there and keep up that right attitude.

SkipAZ, you are one funny guy. A picture of you in bikini in-front of a -50F sign would be priceless

Tramps, are you guys happy with the lumber delivered at your place? When will you start the project? 

Opie, take care of that ouchie. Great way to tough it out on the race course. Glad to hear that your Prof. gig started out well.

Ilineforward, congrats on your new PR. I am so jeloeous of you folks who have the chance to race all year around. At times I wonder why I run so much since there are is no races to test my fitness...Blush around here.

Up at 5am. It was 27F and icy, so instead of risking a run outside I went to the gym. Great workout. on the TM. 7 miles with 4 at random hills setting. BTW, it is getting lighter again! There is a hope for winter to end.

Off to an exciting day at work!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Took the yak's off after .75 miles and  set them by a street sign.   Getting them back on was a bit comical, but I got it done.   Good think it was dark o'clock!

Mary, I learned the hard way not to put yax back on while balancing on one foot, with two dogs tied to my waist...

I laughed when I read this.  I wonder if Skip was that kid with his tongue on the schoolyard flagpole?

BTW--primary day, isn't it?  There is an alternative: The Canada Party (warning a couple of cuss words).

Tramps, I agree - probably something to do with the character and attitude of an ultrarunner...  And thanks for that Canada Party link! 

And Skip, I'd like a copy of that picture if you ever get a chance for that photo op!  Wink  Glad to hear you're running again.

Mariposai, why do we need to take a rest day to get a hug?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Dave59

Wow Mary.  It was only 17° over here this morning when I went out.  Not that it mattered because I went to the gym.  3 treadmill miles and some weight stuff.  It's 43 now and headed into the 50's.  I haven't showered yet, so maybe I'll put on some shorts and do a couple more miles in the sun.

TammyinGP

Nancy, you run so much because it's good for you, good for physical fitness and mental fitness. Running is not just about The Race ya know Wink

Timbo - this is a test of your patience. Don't screw it up! Joking

Last day of the month and last chance to get in some miles. Hoping to RAL.

Tammy

Like Mary and Dave, if I had waited until afternoon to run I could've done it in shorts. Yowza! But as it was, I ran at 8:30, 6 miles around the Oakland University campus with some friends, dressed lightly for the season and enjoying the high-30s and sunshine. Mariposai, how can winter be ending when it never even started?

My DW and I are thinking of taking a short trip this week or next to get somewhere where we can use our cross-country skis and/or snowshoes. But I'm not sure how far and in what direction we'll have to go to find good snow conditions. Maybe Fairbanks? Joking

This afternoon I might try getting my car washed -- it's at that max-slopped-up stage and is driving me nuts. Good running to all today.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

...mornin' guys//.............kind of lazy day today,

knocked out 24min poolrun,

didn't even notice.

obviously

More Coffee is indicated.

I'm actually looking forward to the TimeChange so I can quit drinking De-Caf.

........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

...mornin' guys//.............kind of lazy day today,

knocked out 24min poolrun,

didn't even notice.

obviously

More Coffee is indicated.

I'm actually looking forward to the TimeChange so I can quit drinking De-Caf.

Big grin

Thanks to Wilson the Wonder Kitty, I was up on time this morning.  Got in an hour of core/strength training utilizing the TRX, free weights, and stability ball, followed by 30 min of stationary biking.  Felt good!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Leading American in .......Lumberjack fashion, woohoo!

I need a Dave59 in my house....you should see the inside of my fridge.  It is on my to-do-list, but oh boy, how exciting!

2.6 miles, my pace was slower than the effort would predict.  I wanted more but my foot started to hurt.  So I walked, then it stopped hurting so I ran back to the car.  It never starting hurting again, I don't know why it didn't, but I was already at the car.  Good enough.  The sun was out.  This weekend is supposed to be all sunny, and not cold either, I can't wait!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Afternoon all.  Hope everyone who has warm temps are enjoying them.

Tim: Hang in there.  Still pulling for you.

Mike - right no politics. 

Everyone else - great job folks.

Out for 7 shirtless miles today along the D&R in NJ at a nice ez-pz pace of 8 mins.  Enjoying the sun and warm temps [57F] and virtually no wind.  Had the day off from work to shuttle and run errands for parents who are semi-home bound due to medical issues. 

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, Joe, I also ran 7 miles --- 5 of them shirtless!  50° and sunny here.  Nice of you to shuttle your parents around today, and nice to have time to run in the sun!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Hey, Joe, I also ran 7 miles --- 5 of them shirtless!  50° and sunny here.  Nice of you to shuttle your parents around today, and nice to have time to run in the sun!

Big grin

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey, Joe, I also ran 7 miles --- 5 of them shirtless!

Hello?!

Umm...anyway...I actually thought about going shirtless but went in short sleeves, instead.  It was 48o with a west wind at 14 mph.  I was fine going east, but when I turned around, I was wishing I'd worn long sleeves and gloves.  My poor little fingers are still thawing out.  So 6.2 miles in 46:17.

Okay--gotta go shower.