Noelle

Mike

Carol Legere

Louann Tovey

Heidi Brennan

Janice (Phillips?)

Bob

Anyone else?

Rideshare arrangements?  Does anyone want to establish the betting line?  So many questions.

Carol Legere

Louann Tovey

Heidi Brennan

Janice (Phillips?)

Does anyone want to establish the betting line?  So many questions.

It is more fun not to run!

Early line is in:

Greg#1: 2-1  (Has good recent performance and seems near the top of his game. Can definitely go the distance.)

L-Train: 3-1  (Recent speed looks good, but may have shot his load before hitting the gate.)

JimM: 3-1 (The Wild Card - Since he doesn't post shit. Who knows what he may pull out of where?)

Doug: 7-2  (Has the endurance but does he have the speed? A longer race the odds would favor him more.)

Egad: 4-1 (Has the speed but may not yet have the endurance.)

Mike: 15-1 (Running well of late, but still the long shot in this field.)

Gadbois: 100-1 (The whole knee injury could be a fake and the king of all time for sand-baggery tactics.)

Line as of 1/16/2014 16:00 EST

What was I chasing again?

Nice job Rob. Like the commentary.I wouldn't be surprised at all if things play out in that exact order although I put Cremer and Ltrain dead even both at 3:2 odds Solely based on recent training performance. It's a toss up.

L Train

Janice seemed to be running pretty damn well today.  I write this BECAUSE SHE STALKS US WITHOUT HAVING THE DECENCY TO JOIN US. Hi Janice!

Seriously if she had another mile today I think she would have caught me.

Jim's the favorite in my mind if he races.  He's the fastest of all of us and I have no idea what shape he is in.  But favorite until proven otherwise, I'd say.  That's why Greg should be #2.  I've seen him just will himself mentally to win too many times to not believe it.  Greg M is right there too if he runs, again, just because when healthy he's as fast as Jim.  But I could see him beating me here.

I'm not sandbagging, I'll be giving effort.  I'll put myself within a minute of Greg which is closer than I've been in two years.  I'll even say a number and say I'll be happy with <1:11.  I'd say Eric will be right with me either ahead or behind.  If it's that close at the end he'll take me because I don't have a kick.  Doug will be right behind us, which is new for me lately but I think that's mental as much as physical.  Mike will surely break 1:20.

I've forgotten how to race.  How to accept pain and relax.  So this will be an interesting experience.

In all seriousness, if this was handicapped even close to what I have here...  I would bet on Eric.  Best return on my $2 bet.

"Jim's the favorite in my mind if he races.  He's the fastest of all of us and I have no idea what shape he is in."

No one does but him, same goes for Greg#2.  Jim might fall late in the race if it is close and Greg throws some candy off to the side on the last hill.

What was I chasing again?

L Train

In all seriousness, if this was handicapped even close to what I have here...  I would bet on Eric.  Best return on my $2 bet.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the odds.   If I had a few months more of base I would be more confident.  But I slacked for far too long.

Of the people we know well, Jim is the biggest wild card. He's obviously faster than any of us when he's healthy and in shape. Lawrunnah is also an unknown right now. The closest knowable grouping is me, Lance, Doug, and Egad. No way I'm a 2-1 favorite there. I'd say I have a slight edge in that group because I'm the biggest stubborn dumbass.

We shall see.

MTA: I thought Greg M was in. No?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

gadman

Ok, I am laughing my West Coast ass off now. good one

Early line is in:

Greg#1: 2-1  (Has good recent performance and seems near the top of his game. Can definitely go the distance.)

L-Train: 3-1  (Recent speed looks good, but may have shot his load before hitting the gate.)

JimM: 3-1 (The Wild Card - Since he doesn't post shit. Who knows what he may pull out of where?)

Doug: 7-2  (Has the endurance but does he have the speed? A longer race the odds would favor him more.)

Gadbois: 100-1 (The whole knee injury could be a fake and the king of all time for sand-baggery tactics.)

Doug will be right behind us.

These words you might eat.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

These words you might eat.

I'm trying to channel my inner cuch.  It's kind of scary being in here.

Early line is in:

it is about time you boys ruffled your damn feathers for a cock fight! this place needs some quality entertainment...how exciting!!!

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

Nice hair!

That's all well and good, but who's your pick?

Nice hair!

That's all well and good, but who's your pick?

ya...back in the 80's i had bigger hair.

secondly...i know what you're trying to do. ya tryin to get me to say a name that may have the best chances so i'll say it and it will take em out and better your chances! well HA! i haven't been doing my homework! so HA! i have no fuckin clue who to pick or any order in which to line things up. soooo HA! 

vooooodooooo, voodoo.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

Could you just pick Cremer for fuck's sake?  We all know you want to.