Circle North

TY 10 Goals (Read 855 times)

My salty dogs

I am calling this year pretty much over... Recap of races below makes me feel it was a pretty good year with improvements in all race categories. Vermont marathon took up good part of the training year and afterwards I was sort of in limbo without a specific goal.. Was able to reach most of the goals I set... I kept them realistic... Ready for the next year to see if we can tweak them even more.

Course Distance Duration Pace Grp Pl  
    10/31/2010 White Mountain Half Marathon 13.1 Mi 1:39:44 7:37 5 PR
    9/12/2010 Komen Race for Cure 5K 3.1 Mi 20:19 6:34 2 PR
    8/7/2010 BEACH 2 BEACON 10K 10.0 km 43:21:00 6:59 12 PR
    7/27/2010 Yankee Homecoming 10 Miler 10.1 Mi 1:16:02 7:34 9  
    7/18/2010 Lincoln PVH 5K 3.1 Mi 21:12 6:51 1  
    7/10/2010 Run for the Gym 5.0 km 20:30 6:36 1  
    6/26/2010 RACE - Strawberry 5 Miler 5.0 Mi 35:21:00 7:01 3 PR
    5/30/2010 Vermont City Marathon 26.2 Mi 3:29:35 8:00 9 PR
    4/11/2010 Great Bay Half Marathon 13.1 Mi 1:42:29 7:50 2  
    2/7/2010 Mid-Winter Classic 10 Miler 10.0 Mi 1:15:05 7:31 6 PR

Dave

It was awesome to watch your progress this past year.  Stay healthy. Boston will be one to remember!  

L Train

2010 goals:

Race                    Goal time            Actual time

Derry 16 miler:           <2:08                  SUCCESS - 2:01:32

Midwinter 10 mile:     <1:14                  FAIL - DNF

Hampton 1/2:             <1:36                  FAIL - DNS

ES 20:                          <2:30                  2:32:54 (fail, but wind-hindered)

Lehigh Valley 1/2:      <1:33                  FAIL (1:34:12)

Sugarloaf                    <3:30                  ---

Bob's 5K                     <20:00                FAIL (20:10)

Yankee Homecoming: <1:12              FAIL (1:12:10)

Fall 1/2 marathon      <1:31                  FAIL (1:31:07).  Sigh.

Baystate:                     BQ (3:20:59)     SUCCESS (3:20.22) On the only one that mattered.

How to get there:

Get weight down to < 170 165  (This did not happen).

3 days/week core strength

At least one hard effort and one LR per week.  Even my easier miles need to be run at a little harder pace, and my tempo miles or speedwork need to be done at harder pace than in the past.

2300+ miles.  This shouldn't be a problem.

2500 miles with no months under 200. (SUCCESS)

More to follow as I think of it.

The bad:

Many race times missed their mark, albeit by not much in most instances.  Got the weight down to 170 at the lowest but really 173 seems to be what it is going to be unless I make a lifestyle change.  Pretty much completely too lazy on any kind of core work.

The good:

BQd at Baystate.  Noticeable time improvements across the board.  Remained healthy and ran more miles than I would have thought possible (I'll likely get to 3000 barring setback).   I also incoreporated more workouts and easy pace has gotten faster. 

Overall, a good year and had a ton of fun.

I've now unstickied this thread and will let it drop, since I think everyone who is going to has posted.  I've stickied the 2011 thread instead.

My salty dogs

2010 wasn't there running year that I had hoped.  DNF at Boston and DNS at NY.   Didn't sign up for IM Lake Placid.

All that said,  due to Chi Running I think I've found something that will lead to long term success.

I have enjoyed watching the progress of others. 

I have great anticipation and expectations for the coming year.

If not for the medical issue at Boston I really think that I would have killed it. My training was far better than any other year and my race times going in where best ever.  

With some major family issues behind me and a giant move completed-- 2011 just might make up for things.

I am set to reach my 2000K goal and I did meet me Boston training plan goals for milage and number of long runs. Results might not show those efforts but I do take great satisfaction in knowing that I did them.

So best training year ever-- but not results to prove it. 

There is a slight chance if I really focus to kill a HM in early December.  The next couple weeks will tell.  I need to write out a plan that has some speed work.  That would be a nice cap to the year.

L Train

Dave - it's good to hear you be so optimistic about 2011 and see you getting the runs in again.  I'm looking forward to seeing what your 2011 looks like.  So the other day in m y log I mentioned that I hadn't run as much with other people over the last few weeks, and I thought I mentally missed it.  Have you found anyone to run with at all down there yet?  Someone mentioned that you may have found a group. 

My salty dogs

Dave - it's good to hear you be so optimistic about 2011 and see you getting the runs in again.  I'm looking forward to seeing what your 2011 looks like.  So the other day in m y log I mentioned that I hadn't run as much with other people over the last few weeks, and I thought I mentally missed it.  Have you found anyone to run with at all down there yet?  Someone mentioned that you may have found a group. 

Everything has been solo.  I'm keeping to Tuesday nights and often think of the group as I'm running.   It was the group that got me to be consistant with starting the week off.

One benefit of the solo runs is my average pace and the tendency to pick things up when I feel like it.

Jamie arrives today. I'm really hoping she accompanies me on some runs while on her bike. The path here is perfect for that.

I should be able to seek out a group with her here. 

L Train

Jamie arrives today.

That's great news.  You'll be happy to know that it has been rainy and getting colder here.  It will be time for the reflective vests by next Tuesday's run too.  We were just talking yesterday how we'll have to use your school loop to do intervals this winter. 

And, you should update your profile.  You're fropm the Longhorn State now, baby, plus the snowshoeing picture would confuse the locals. 

well seeing how everyone else has recapped their year.....i just have to.....cause it won't be seen by me again. i have had the best year of my life in all running aspects.  it is due to one fact and that fact is that i ran....more than i ever have. i went to what i feel is extreme cause nothing else was working and it did work....i have no regrets. and so here is the breakdown of my top mileage milestones (the short version)

12 days of 20+ miles

26 weeks of 70+ miles w/7 being 80+, 2 being 90+ and 1 week that was 101.4

6 months of 300+ miles w/the top month being 365.5 miles

now i just need the year but i'm shooting for 1 mile more than LTrains total. 100 mile cushion and fallin.

hey cremah....beat any of these....that's why it's here.

hey slick....did you do any one of these bettah? just curious.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

now i just need the year but i'm shooting for 1 mile more than LTrains total. 100 mile cushion and fallin.

I think you're safe.  I'd have to average like 15 miles more than you every week for the rest of the year.  You're not running as much but I'm not really running either. 

Man I hope that comes down to the last day of the year. You should set a cutoff before midnight by which time all runs have to be logged.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Can you imagine heading out at like 11:00 on NYE to win this stupid "race"?

absolutely! and it's not stupid....you are. so bite me! c-ya tomorrow.

L Train

89 miles.

a tub of lard weighs 176 lbs.

L Train

a tub of lard weighs 176 lbs.

Maybe 178, who knows?  I shaved my beard again so that should help.  Also, I need a haircut. 

The good news is that Ethan knows that eggnog is now for sale.  That should help me. 

MTA: and stop pulling your hair.  Insane people do that.

ok...clearly we have trust issues. i propose that all runs run must be logged in no later than 24 hours after it's done...w/the exception of nye.  if you cannot log in your run within 24 hours due to computer failure, power loss or some unfortunate accident, you better have an alibi. agreed?

now i must go log something in. and i'll even be generous and say, hmm...maybe i'll get 2 shorts in today.