Circle North

Group runs (Read 975 times)

L Train

Good luck with the rain.  100% probability that I will also not be there.  Too rainy, you know. 

As it turns out, I probably will make it after all. Edge of your seat suspense I'm providing today, I know.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I will be running tennish easy miles today from the Y at 4:30. Company welcome for this amazing adventure.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I'll be there for the amazing adventure.

MacJim

Is anybody up for a run on thursday afternoon?

Is anybody up for a run on thursday afternoon?

I was planning on it, but Jake has an appt at 5:30p so it looks like I won't be able to make it now.

May do trail run tomorrow at 5pm-ish, 6-8 miles. If anyone is interested in that.

MacJim

I'm heading out early. Let me know about friday.

Working til noon on Saturday then heading out for a long run of 18-20 from the Y at about 12:15. Anyone want in on all or part of this run?  I know it's a late start but I thought I'd see if I get any takers nonetheless.

L Train

Sunday 9:00 my house 18 miles.  More or less as you prefer.  I'll have drinks and whatnot and you guys can get in the hot tub, but I've also got a 1:00 soccer game I think.  So bring your trunks but don't get too comfortable.  Or I guess you actually can, I just won't be there after 1:00. 

If it's raining then suck it up and don't be a pansy.

If you've been welding for 50 hours this week then suck it up and don't be a pansy. 

If you are running a marathon that day, then suck it up and don't be a pansy.  Plus, I'd love if that person came over to have a few beers after the successful marathon crushing. 

If you've been working on your roof and your drainage system you've painstakingly developed is working fine, then suck it up and don't be a pansy. 

If you are recently recovering from a broken pelvis, don't suck it up, but don't be a pansy. 

If you just ran a near marathon last weekend by yourself, but just couldn't bring yourself to finish it, then shame on you.  WTF is this?

If you don't really like any of us and would prefer running by yourself in the woods, then suck it up and be social.  You can bring Rio if it makes you happy.  Even if your face is the size of Toledo because of the bees. 

If you are otherwise heistant, suck it up and don't be a pansy. 

That is all. 

"Beep, Beep!"

Now there's an offer that's hard to refuse!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

gadman

I will be workin,weldin,whinin,wishin but can't be there. Guess I will just Suck it up!

L Train

OK, hold the phone.  Doug has a nice route from his house and he has to leave by 8:00 (couln't make my house at 9:00).  If he's willing to have us, I think we should go out there, and I believe it would be 8:00 rather than 9:00.  (Sorry Cremer). 

MTA: I should have also made clear that all the pansy talk above was my effor to motivate myself, in fact, to not be a pansy. 

doug...can you map out the trail option from your house for me? Wink

or if it's at slicks and i'm able to time stuff out i'll stop by...but i am not running on the road. i just can't. i am a pansy. i'll be the first to admit it. no shame in it. we can't all be superstars.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

That gives me an idea for a different plan. Instead of doing Province Lake Loop.

We could start the group run with a 6 mile trail loop (there is about 1.5 miles of road). So Robin can get familiar with the trail area (there are a bunch of trails in the wildlife management area to explore and if you stay on the main trails it's easy to find your way around).

Stop at mile 6, grab some water, change out of trail shoes (if need be) and then do an extended variation of Libby Loop to get the rest of the mileage.

Does anybody have a problem with starting on a trail loop ? If so, don't be a pansy !

I do need to start by 8a though because Pam has to go in early on Sunday and needs to leave by 11.

L Train

I've got no problems with anything other than my being a pansy.

And if Cuch's face is the size of Detroit I may need to vomit a little, so the trail is probably a good option.