The beautiful persons club

Marcus, Look at You! (Read 438 times)

I just saw this out on the main boards.
    Nice race yesterday. 2nd...not too shabby!
    Congratulations!

Amy

18:59! Beautiful and fast! Big grin

Michelle

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Whoo hoo, great going for one of us beautiful people!!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sa-weet!!!! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Thank y'all!!! I didn't look too beautiful during or after that race. It was crap. Trying to HTFU 5 mins before the race, per DW's urging. I ran with that jacket on too. What a puss!
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Bugs

I agree too many clothes. take some off then I'll be the judge. Smile

Bugs

I agree too many clothes. take some off then I'll be the judge. Smile
                Shocked Big grin

Michelle

Bugs

Oh I better be careful, his wife is going kick my butt. I gotta enough wife's that want to kill me.

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

Oh I better be careful, his wife is going kick my butt. I gotta enough wife's that want to kill me.
                    Hmmm...you know, I have some tasteful B&W pics DW took of me because she wanted to enter me in a underwear model contest with Armani Exchange. I honestly don't know if she ever did though. I know one of the pics is the background on her Mac-book Pro and I chuckle every time I see it.

Hmmm...you know, I have some tasteful B&W pics DW took of me because she wanted to enter me in a underwear model contest with Armani Exchange. I honestly don't know if she ever did though. I know one of the pics is the background on her Mac-book Pro and I chuckle every time I see it.
                      Okay, Marcus. You post this here, and then you post that thing about taking showers on the main boards... You're such a tease. Big grin

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

Okay, Marcus. You post this here, and then you post that thing about taking showers on the main boards... You're such a tease. Big grin
                        Showers?? Ahh...the Texas heat post. Ok, I am with ya now. You're only a tease if you won't deliver and you could say I am like UPS.

Bugs

Marcus, I'm am totally envious of your running. I can not get my freaken base up for anything.

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, I'm am totally envious of your running. I can not get my freaken base up for anything.
                            Thanks for the compliment, but I am nothing special in any way. We are both human and about the same age. How long have you been running? What's the most you have ran in a week? Have you ever been injured? Do you cross train? Do you do resistance training? Plyometrics? What's holding you back? Time, energy, nagging injuries? Talk to me.

Bugs

3 years of serious running. Before that I would do kickboxing (very high impact) and jog a few miles before just to warm up. My first year of running was amazing. Most of those races are still my PRs. I wonder if I'll ever have a year like that again. I hurt my feet April 2007, increased intensity and miles at the same time when the weather got nice. (Look at March log) Had to take a couple weeks off but still managed a good marathon in June. Was training for marathon #3 when I got calf pain (in August), that took forever to figure out because doc thought it was a SF. When I started running again I started wearing orthotics. Got them from the podiatrist who helped me with my foot injury. I should have known he was not the right doctor for me, but I figured he knew best. At this point I was swimming everday and was thinking of doing a triathlon. (Those ironmen in the pool are nice to spend time with.) I was XTing so much that I didn't know the orthotics were hurting me. One thing would hurt, get better, then something new would hurt. The othotics didn't work in my Brooks Trance shoes. They were causing me to over-correct. I've been getting graston therapy for all the damage they did, excellent treatment and really good chiropractor. You can see the "+" in the calendar in my log to see just how many aches and pains I've had...what a mess those orthotics made. Was just up to 34 mpw and got sick with bronchitis. Think I'll get back there, or close this week. I'm training for a HM in May. May do a fall marathon but don't know i want to run it all out. Main goal is Fargo Marathon 2009. I know I need to keep working on getting miles in the bank. Most I ever ran is 61 miles a week. Would like to average 40 on a regular basis. One thing about me, i never get burned out, I get injured or sick, but never lack motivation. double edged sword at times. BTW, I'm not going to do the triathlon, at least not now. I'd rather just doing running races. I know I could but am not as interested in it.

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

As you found out increasing intensity and mileage contemperaneously is an easy way to get injured. I did it myself last month and got a nasty chest cold and a poor week of running because of it. Once again, lesson learned. Ok, so you did 34 MPW and got bronchitis and you want to be at 40 MPW? What kind of supplements do you take? These are so often overlooked but are absoultely essential if you run a lot. Also what kind of recovery nutrition do you intake. M-Th I run 2x a day and at almost 37 there is no way I could pull that off if I didn't eat and supplement correctly. I also have a significant triathlon background and remember training for the Ironman and how stressful on the body that was. But here are some nuggets from what I do that you might consider. After every workout (running or lifting) I take Vitamin C and E. Both are antioxidants and can help muscle recovery. After every workout I consume a 4:1 carb to protein ratio drink made with Whey protein powder and dextrose. This GREATLY improves my recovery time and I absolutely swear by it. During long runs I consume the same drink. It has been shown to reduce muscle damage thus allowing you to recover quicker. I no longer have a crap day or two of training following a long run, but I do tend to take it easy. I supplement with Glutamine at about 3-5 grams per day. There have been studies that have shown that endurance athletes that become sick typically have low levels of glutamine. You can buy this powder and add one teaspoon to anything and that's all you need. I also supplement with glucosamine/chondroitan and Omega 3-6-9 fish oil caps. I also take a very good multivitamin 2x a day. Do not overlook the importance of protein in your diet. For your size I would aim for around 80-100 grams per day. Try to consume some protein with every meal if you can. Don't be scared to take entire days off. I mean do nothing. No cross-training, no weights. Zip. Go to the movies, eat some Ben & Jerry's, and just be lazy. It does wonders! I am no guru, nor an exceptional runner. But I have managed to put this old body through hell at times and it's always bounced back.