Tracking shoe mileage (Read 519 times)

gilbertholdings

plus 1 for the runningahead training log!

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I am glad this question was asked.  I just signed up and started entering this year's run data into the training log.  I was thinking how it lacked a way to track shoe mileage and then i found this thread, so yay!

I do have an additional question though, sometimes I run in snowshoes.  Is there a way to mark a run with both the running shoes and the snowshoes?  I would like to be able to track how many miles I put on the snowshoes too.

Leah, mother of dogs

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I am glad this question was asked.  I just signed up and started entering this year's run data into the training log.  I was thinking how it lacked a way to track shoe mileage and then i found this thread, so yay!

I do have an additional question though, sometimes I run in snowshoes.  Is there a way to mark a run with both the running shoes and the snowshoes?  I would like to be able to track how many miles I put on the snowshoes too.

Currently, you can track only one equipment item per run.  You would have to log the snowshoe part of your run separately from the running shoe part.

I believe Eric said he will address this in a future site update.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Thanks for the reply, I will continue to keep my own records until things change then.

Leah, mother of dogs

I put my snowshoe and traction device stuff in the comments, so I at least have a record of it, even if miles aren't accumulated. Most of my winter runs will have either snowshoes or kahtoola microspikes besides my actual shoes.

But this is one of the reasons I use either Sporttracks 3 or my own access database as my main log, so I can track that. ST3 allows multiple items of equipment. (plus some other features I like) Still playing with learning it.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
            NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I was just using Google docs and marking traction devices (I use Stabilicers) in a column, but I would still have to go back and manually add up the mileage.  That's fine, it's not a big deal.  I am really just barely scratching the surface of the functionality of the training logs on this site as it is.  I stalked your stats and I see way more colors on yours than mine Big grin so I have a lot yet to learn.  I will keep poking around in there.

Leah, mother of dogs

I was just using Google docs and marking traction devices (I use Stabilicers) in a column, but I would still have to go back and manually add up the mileage.  That's fine, it's not a big deal.  I am really just barely scratching the surface of the functionality of the training logs on this site as it is.  I stalked your stats and I see way more colors on yours than mine Big grin so I have a lot yet to learn.  I will keep poking around in there.

I just like to identify my several flavors of hills. Smile  In my Access log, I separate type of terrain from intensity / goal of workout - not to mention what the surface what like that day (snow, ice, mud, whatever). I haven't kept it at that level of detail for a couple years now, owing to barely having time to run.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                dallison

registered pw

The log here is great.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Heh.  It took me the longest time before I realized the RA training log also had a forum function.

And +1 to the RA training log.  Love it.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

delicate flower

I didn't realize you can track shoes here, so thanks for mentioning it.  I've been tracking mine on Strava, as well as marking the bottom of the shoe inserts with a pen. 

<3

Hoban-Jay

You can add the mielage directly to the equipment (snowshoes) independent of the run itself.  I do that myself to compensate tracking two or three pieces of equipment on one run.

Currently, you can track only one equipment item per run.  You would have to log the snowshoe part of your run separately from the running shoe part.

Assuming you don't have multiple pairs (or whatever the term is) of snowshoes ... you can create an Activity Type under "Run" called, say, "Snowshoe Running" (in the same vein as "Tempo", "Long" or "Ball Buster").  If you log your snowshoe workouts as "Snowshoe Running", you can generate a report for that Activity and get your snowshoe mileage.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

an amazing likeness

Assuming you don't have multiple pairs (or whatever the term is) of snowshoes ...

Seriously, just one set of snowshoes?  Surely, you jest.

(g)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Mostly harmless

Seriously, just one set of snowshoes?  Surely, you jest.

(g)

I'm dead serious, and don't call me Shirley.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi