Nutrition? (Read 505 times)

A Dance with Monkeys

Buttermilk is simply a wimpy version of yogurt. When a recipe calls for buttermilk, replacing it with yogurt is sooooo much better. This morning, yogurt and butter biscuits with home-made blueberry jam (itself made from blueberries we picked). 4 cups flour 4 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 1 1/2 tsp salt some sugar 2 sticks butter 2 cups yogurt (homemade if possible, otherwise use unsweetened without chemicals) 1. Preheat oven to 375°. 2. mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. 3. mix flour mixture and butter by hand or in a food processor until sand-like. 4. Add yogurt and mix just until mixture comes together 5. Dump out onto a floured surface 6. Roll dough to 1-inch thickness. 7. Cut to 2-3 inch circles (use a glass or a jar). 8. Place biscuits onto cookie sheet or cast iron skillet (my favorite). 9. Bake until lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes. Yummy!!! Also good with cheese and eggs.

Needs more cowbell!

That sounds SOOOoooo good and really easy, too. Mmmm....biscuits! Big grin k

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

A Dance with Monkeys

Making this to go atop the leftover biscuits for tomorrow morning: Mango Chutney 1-2 cups mango, peeled and coarsely chopped 1 cup raisins 1 cup sugar 3/4 cup vinegar ginger finely chopped 1 clove garlic, chopped 1 tsp salt orange zest red chile pepper flakes - Mix all ingredients - Heat to boiling. - Simmer for about 45 minutes until thick

Needs more cowbell!

What time is breakfast!? Big grin k

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

A Dance with Monkeys

Breakfast is right before I run 11.2 hilly miles... Evil grin

Now that was a bath...

Who are you? And why the hell aren't you married to me! Wink Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.