3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

Remember that La Bouche Song -> Wanna Be My Lover

Vim

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yeah, that's really a scam. They pretty much chose the top-selling tracks, too. I have seen that quite a few times on iTunes...but is it iTunes that is doing this or are the artists setting it up that way?
      I can't imagine it's the artists. A good example is the Toy Story 2 soundtrack. "When She Loved Me" by Sarah McLachlan is the musical high point of that movie, and lo and behold, the only song on that soundtrack you can't buy individually. I can't imagine Sarah not wanting people to buy her beautiful song; no, the record labels/iTunes want you to buy the whole album to get that one song. It's funny; if you look the reviews in iTunes for that album (TS2), the average rating is only 2.5 stars, and there's a lot of one-star ratings -- all from angry people who wanted to buy WSLM and couldn't. I don't agree with tanking ratings out of protest, but I understand the anger. OT, but my 4.5yo daughter is so in touch with her emotional side. (Didn't get that from Dad Roll eyes ). Whenever we watch TS2 and that song comes on, she always asks me, "Are you sad, Daddy?" Cry

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's funny; if you look the reviews in iTunes for that album (TS2), the average rating is only 2.5 stars, and there's a lot of one-star ratings -- all from angry people who wanted to buy WSLM and couldn't. I don't agree with tanking ratings out of protest, but I understand the anger. OT, but my 4.5yo daughter is so in touch with her emotional side. (Didn't get that from Dad :rollSmile. Whenever we watch TS2 and that song comes on, she always asks me, "Are you sad, Daddy?" Cry
        Heh, your DD sounds like my DS. I don't even remember what song it was, but Dane said it was very scary music. I think it might have been something classical, but he totally picked-up on the mood of the song. I have seen those negative reviews for the same reason, too. Oh, I remember what I was looking for a while back--a track from the Mr. & Mrs. Smith soundtrack. Same deal. Really made buyers mad, too...and with good reason. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have seen those negative reviews for the same reason, too. Oh, I remember what I was looking for a while back--a track from the Mr. & Mrs. Smith soundtrack. Same deal. Really made buyers mad, too...and with good reason.
          Just checked it out -- that's a good soundtrack. (You must have been looking to buy "Mondo Boongo.") But all of the frickin' songs are "Album Only!" Angry I realize that with soundtracks and compilations of various artists that the licensing deals often prevent the distribution of individual tracks. Knowing that doesn't make it suck any less, however.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OK, I am REALLY getting into The Crystal Method, now. After I downloaded their Nike+ "Drive" playlist and fell in love I used part of a giftcard to download their Vegas album. Good stuff. I like that it's sort of mindless and has a steady, hard beat. k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Thank goodness this thread exists b/c otherwise I would barely be able to name groups from this decade. I've just about reached that point in life where whether like it or not (and I don't), musical interests become fixed and it becomes hard to accept new bands. Undecided

I feel like a dork. Am I the only one wondering why there aren't more country songs listed here? There is nothing wrong with country music for a nice easy long run!!

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I feel like a dork. Am I the only one wondering why there aren't more country songs listed here? There is nothing wrong with country music for a nice easy long run!!
                  Does early Eagles count? Nothing says laid-back easy run like "Take it Easy" and "Peaceful Easy Feeling."

Does early Eagles count? Nothing says laid-back easy run like "Take it Easy" and "Peaceful Easy Feeling."
                    Eagles count. Not as much as Alan Jackson, or Garth Brooks.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love running to the Dixie Chicks. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

I was talking to my husband last night about my ipod shuffle and how happy I am with it. I got it for X-mas and I cannot believe I went till then without having one. Running is so much more enjoyable now. Especially when I'm forced (time wise, kids wise, or weather wise) to run the dreadmill. It fits all my favorite country AND not so country songs on it just fine. Like Donny and Marie Osmond, a little bit of country and a little bit of rock and roll. I used to love that show.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I cannot believe I went till then without having [a Shuffle]. Running is so much more enjoyable now.
                          I used to think myself a purist that wouldn't run with music because it would detract from the run. But I was fooling myself -- when I was willing to admit it, I was really just frustrated with bulky cassette and CD players. Witness this entry in my running log from 1994: "I'm tired of lugging this damn CD player around. Done with it. If someone would just invent a way to store songs as compressed data files and put it on a player that was all solid-state electronics with no moving parts, then I'd start listening again. With the way memory is getting so large these days, I bet you could fit a dozen songs on one of those players."
                          Like Donny and Marie Osmond, a little bit of country and a little bit of rock and roll. I used to love that show.
                          For some reason, I'm reminded of that Pepsi commercial featuring Ozzy Osbourne and the Osmonds. That was cool.

Shiksa

No doubling Back Jason Mraz Send Me On My Way Rusted Root How to Save a Life The Frey

Stacy
                            I make no apologies for my liberal use of smiley icons. http://www.BlakeHillHouse.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No doubling Back Jason Mraz
                              I love his Geek in the Pink song...that title could describe me... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Shiksa

I love his Geek in the Pink song...that title could describe me... Big grin k
                                Big grin It would be fun to run to also. I really enjoy most of his stuff. He's um..."wordy" which is something I can identify with.

Stacy
                                I make no apologies for my liberal use of smiley icons. http://www.BlakeHillHouse.com