Need some help (Read 513 times)

Just started working a new job and the hours are freaking ridiculous (up at 0230 get home at 1730) and I am having a hard time trying to find the motivation to get my a$$ in gear and complete my runs. Can somebody/anybody kick my a$$ to get me out there on the road again. It would be greatly appreciated. Jeremy
    2009 Goals...:
    -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon

Fool

Click on your profile, sailor. Smile I couldn't come up with a better motivation than you already have there.

Beatin' on the Rock

RUN!!!
        Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.

SMART Approach

Jeremy, Great post by McRat. Even 15-20 minutes runs will have health benefits and then run longer on weekends. If you are in good shape, think about how it will feel to be out of shape and how difficult it will be to get back in shape. Good luck man!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

You can do it...even if you just get in 2-3 short runs during the week it will pay off. Then you can log some longer runs on the weekend. Man I thought I had it bad. I get up at 4:00am and leave the office around 5:30PM. I feel ya though...I am sometimes tempted to go to bed right when I get home.

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

That sounds about like my schedule. I get up on work days at 0430 (otherwise known as 0'dark thirty) and I usually get home at 1900. Luckily I only do this three days a week (I work 3 12s) otherwise I could not do it. I don't run on the days that I work because I am on my feet all day but I do make it a point to run on my days off which makes my days at work that much easier.
              Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
                here is what my schedule looks like.... week 1 work: Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat, Sun Week 2: work: Wed, Thur when I work the long week is when I am having trouble finding the motivation to get out there and complete them esp my long run.
                2009 Goals...:
                -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon