DFW, Texas: Whiterock Marathon and Half Marathon (Read 950 times)

Burninated Peasant

No doubt. As if I wasn't already anxious enough about this dang thing. The forecast SUCKS. Cry http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USTX0825?from=dayDetails_topnav_undeclared
    Could be worse. We could have had Saturday's weather. 80F = bad for marathons.
      I agree with Michael on that. The colder the better. When you pick up your packet, don't forget to stop by the Tyson booth. They are giving away nylon gear bags and COWBELLS! Don't miss out. Wink

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Sweet. Cowbells. Give me more cowbell! We're going tomorrow. I can't believe I'm running a half marathon in 2 days. Surprised
        Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
          Bonkin: Cowbells! (I don't need any more clutter.) Did they have any free grub? Courtney98: Funny Avatar! I took a picture of a Cadillac last year with the license "Kosher". Derek: We'll see you at Cowtown then. Best on your recovery! I just went to the chiropractor yesterday for some issues I've had since May and I'm feeling a bit better since my adjustment. I should have a light blue runningahead.com shirt on with either gray or black with blue side shorts.

Vim

Derek - sorry to hear you won't be there - best wishes for a speedy recovery! Modal - yes - samples of all sorts of stuff. A bunch of us from work ate like pigs (and called it carb loading) at The Green Papaya in Oak Lawn - so I was too full to think about food. The cowbell will be very useful for waking my kids up on school mornings. Big grin

You'll ruin your knees!

You guys have fun at the Rock! Wish I were going to be there with you... Good luck everyone! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Courtney98: Funny Avatar! I took a picture of a Cadillac last year with the license "Kosher".
                The funny thing is that there were 2 elderly caucasian men driving, with their 2 elderly caucasian wives in the backseat. Complete with handicap placard. I've never laughed so hard.
                Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
                mbk

Cool and damp! Much better than warm and muggy. It's going to be great!!
                    Bonkin, I can meet you in front of the AA center (southside) about 30 minutes before HM race.

Vim

Burninated Peasant

Cool and damp! Much better than warm and muggy. It's going to be great!!
                      As long as nobody's struck by lightning, this is going to be great weather. Sounds like we might have a decent tailwind on the east side of the lake after the halfway mark.
                        Hope everyone did well. I did about ~2:04 on the Half. The course over all was easier than my first HM. I did not run into any RAer's out there, but there is always next time. modal (who thinks he likes smaller races and thanks God that it was under 50 today.)

Vim

Bonkin, I can meet you in front of the AA center (southside) about 30 minutes before HM race.
                          Sorry I missed you modal. I wasn't sure which side was which, I looked around for awhile for you though and didn't see you. I'm totally with you on the smaller race thing.

Burninated Peasant

I did 3:44:06 for the full - about 9 minutes faster than last year. I may write something up about it later, but there really wasn't much to talk about. Pleasant weather, I sandbagged according to plan for the first half, then picked it up until cramps slowed me down at mile 24. With all those people, there was no way we were going to run into each other without some specific meeting place. I think I also prefer smaller races, but still had fun.
                            TexasRunner

Y'all luck out quite a bit with the weather. I was in South Arlington around 9:30 this morning (son's soccer game) when the heavens opened up. You could barely see the fields from the bleachers as it rained so hard. I felt bad for all the marathoners until I heard that the rain stayed mostly on my side of the metroplex. Hope everyone had a good race.
                              mbk

I had a tough second half, not sure why (I'm planning a write up to get your advice). I was hoping to break four hours for the full, which was doable but not a shoe-in. I ended up at 4:22. Just couldn't get going in the second half. But this was my first marathon running so I'm not going to worry about it, just focus on the next one. Glad to hear you guys had good days.