"Self-Service" Road Race Rankings (Read 1330 times)

Jim, don't tell me this is the first you'd heard of Pete's blog!

No, youngin'. I think it was a couple months ago.

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
      Only found your site a few weeks ago myself, but could use some younger legs!

I am also curious about the term "All American Standard": it doesn't seem a very tough standard, but in any case is not a term I've heard used here in Canada. (We are American, too- big country to your north!)

Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

MrH

I think USATF established them a few years ago.

For masters distance road running, they're not tough.

I'm not sure if the intent was to provide some form of recognition and sell a certificate.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Only found your site a few weeks ago myself, but could use some younger legs!

I am also curious about the term "All American Standard": it doesn't seem a very tough standard, but in any case is not a term I've heard used here in Canada. (We are American, too- big country to your north!)

Simon.

Maybe it should say All NORTH American Standard

But Im interested in what this term actually means too???/

Champions are made when no one is watching

SoCal Pete

Sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.  ;-)

My rankings software guru slipped in the All American Standard when I wasn't looking.  I'm sure he thought it would be a valuable addition, as it's popular on his American Masters Track Rankings.  Of course, since these are meant to be "world" road rankings, it's probably not an important addition.

For the record, I offer no products for sale that are associated with the All American Standard.  And I certainly get nothing in return from anyone who does.  My instinct is to remove the standard from the rankings list, but please be patient ... as we are only 2 people and are absolutely swamped in work right now!

Oh, and I believe USATF sets the standard.  I don't really know, as I've never paid much attention to it.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who's submitted rankings on the site - and to encourage everyone else to do the same!  I wrote a "Morning Read" on the subject this morning (posted to the blog).  It explains why this particular feature is such a personal passion of my own.

All the best to everyone here at RunningAhead!!!

Pete

Pete  thank you for what you do for us "older" guys.  You make us work harder.

Maggie & Molly

great site - thanks.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Well, I entered my 20:30 result in a local 5K, but somehow it came out as 20 hours and 30 minutes. That gives me an age graded ranking of 1.24%. Still listed in the top 22 though!

Makes me wonder what it takes to get an age graded percentage under 1%.

Seriously, there needs to be a way to correct the time entered.

SoCal Pete

Luckily for you, there IS a way to correct times.  Go to the blue navigation bar and click on "Edit Results" ... enter the info just so that we know it's you, then pull up your results in the athletes list and correct them.

If you're confused by my description here, I've also put a Video Tutorial on correcting results into the left sidebar.  Run your mouse over the 4 video tutorials until you get the title for the right one - can't remember exactly what I called it ... probably something like "Correcting Results" ... Good luck!

And I hope everyone enters their times!  Remember, this isn't just for ranking.  This also keeps a full log of all your entered races, plus the age grade for each of your races.  And it will keep your log from year to year, so that you can check your age grades over the year to see how your times are stacking up!

Pete

Pete...Could times for other runners not posting to the rankings be submitted by someone else?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Thanks Pete. That worked, but I had to do it in Internet Explorer. In Mozilla Firefox, I don't see an Edit Results tab. Ah, the joys of web development.

Just wanted to add, your web site is really great. I especially like your Blog.

A pretty fair runner, this Pete Magil guy is too:

not so bad yourself! 

http://www.runningusa.org/statistics/rankings

(click on "Male-Age Graded")

- also just giving a bump to the thread to help get more folks on Pete's list.