The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

While I’m on the topic, given how much time you think you are running, you are a fairly mediocre runner.

The Pot calling the skillet Black.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Naw. I don’t spend any time running.

rlopez

Why is it a skillet and not a kettle?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ricky is from the south

JMac11

RIP Milkman

You run 40 mpw. You spend a good amount of time running. Don't back down from this virtual challenge. Would be a total let down given this is the wild west.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Lane

The kettle pointing out the pot calling the skillet black.

This has turned into a King of the Mountain-type game.  I want to play too!

Trent (3:44 marathon) called Brewing Runner (3:37 marathon) mediocre.

pRED (3:00 marathon) called Trent mediocre

Lane (2:47 marathon) called pRED mediocre

The choice of marathon is arbitrary but probably accurate-ish for other distances.  Anybody else want to get in on the pissing contest?  You'll have to stand at least 6 feet apart and wear a mask.

How many posts can we get before Kipchoge weighs in?

MTA: Looks like I won't last long - JMac has run some speedy marathons!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I know. Pitiful. I'm hoping to get it up to 50.

You run 40 mpw. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My favorite ever day with pRED was when he volunteered to do the video for the finish line at my marathon. You know, to capture the finishes and serve as a back up to the timing. He produced an AWESOME video of all the finishers collapsing, cheering, hugging their family and friends. It was all very heart felt. No clock in sight.

I've got your mediocre 2:47 with a 2:46:54 PR. :-)

The choice of marathon is arbitrary but probably accurate-ish for other distances.  Anybody else want to get in on the pissing contest?  You'll have to stand at least 6 feet apart and wear a mask.

DON'T

CROSS

THE

STREAMS!

Ghostbusters (Chapter 28): Crossing Streams | Ghostbusters Wiki | Fandom

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

rlopez

My favorite ever day with pRED was when he volunteered to do the video for the finish line at my marathon. You know, to capture the finishes and serve as a back up to the timing. He produced an AWESOME video of all the finishers collapsing, cheering, hugging their family and friends. It was all very heart felt. No clock in sight.

Wait. You have a marathon?

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

It’ll be interesting to see if there’s a second COVID wave in London in a few weeks time.....more fun and games yesterday, BLM and another mass gathering described as “far right” who were defending the history of England. The anti protesters are portrayed as the villains in the mainstream press, but last week it was “mostly” peaceful according to them. You couldn’t make this shit up!

Anyway, hoping that a mass gathering of runners can happen in London on 4th October.....we promise not to abuse the police or throw bicycles at horses.. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

kcam

Anyway, hoping that a mass gathering of runners can happen in London on 4th October.....we promise not to abuse the police or throw bicycles at horses.. 👍

Running Problem

Problem Child

You might want to check my marathon PR. I’ve never run a 3:37 marathon.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You might want to check my marathon PR. I’ve never run a 3:37 marathon.

Checked.