Names on Bibs (Read 1694 times)

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

Ken from our little running group had his name on a marathon bib ... but they added an extra "n" at the end.  His new name has been Kenn ever since .... 

Timm 

Tim 

A lot of my early marathons I ran in a singlet with Maine spelled out big, which when shouted at you as you run sounds a lot like my name.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Intentionally Blank

At Dallas White Rock, they put our names on our bibs, and first timers had a different color bib.  My brother, running his first, got a ton of encouraging shouts.  He loved it.

Imminent Catastrophe

I usually put "Asshole" or "Dickhead" or such. "Looking good, asshole" really gives me a boost in the late miles.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm, I'm a case of a "sliver lining" : no one can pronounce my real name without special coaching, so there is no confusion... If I recognize it, chances are you're a friend! Ahh, the bliss of coming from tiny  far away places :-). (and for the record, I do like my name on the bib- it makes a nice memory since I still have all  my old bibs).

My name's not even rare, but at least 50% of the time people f*ck it up (generally switching the I and R), so it's easier to have "zoomy" on my bib, when I have the choice.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lynx

My name's not even rare, but at least 50% of the time people f*ck it up (generally switching the I and R), so it's easier to have "zoomy" on my bib, when I have the choice.

...with an additional advantage that zoomy sounds both cool and fast!  :-) I just run the berlin half and I do not think there was a chance of putting a nickname on the bib, nor I've seen it in any other races on this side of the ocean. Could it be just a USA thing?