I am so weak......push me out the door :-) (Read 1102 times)

My legs are killing me

Take a cue from your screen name and "run4fun". I have a feeling that no matter how much your telling us you love to run there is something in your mind that views it as work. Maybe your looking at your past running history and feel like if you can't match that then "what's the point". I would just forget the last year and get my running shoes on and get started. Have fun again. If you can't run 5 miles so what. You'll do it soon enough. You KNOW you can do it so get it done. Remember a journey of a 1000 miles starts with the first step.
    kcam

The title of your post ("I am so weak") reminded me of Hans & Franz from SNL. Maybe this will pump you up. If not, well it is funny! Franz: Hello! We're back! Hans: I am Hans. Franz: And I am Franz. Together: And we just want to.. [ clap ] Pump.. you up! Hans: Alright. But before we can pump you up tonight, we have to answer a piece of viewer mail. Franz: Ya. Ya. This is a letter we received from a Bill Tompkins. I'll only read an excerpt, so I don't go into his loser details. "Dear Hans & Franz: I have recently seen your.. mo-.. mo-" Hans: Moronic. Franz: "..Your moronic show, and have wondered why you don't open your own gym. Maybe you are too stupid." [ crumples letter ] You know, maybe you thought this letter would make us angry; but it only makes us sad. Hans: Really, ya. We are sad, you know, because anyone who calls us "stupid" is really just jealous. Because their girlfriend looks at us, then looks at him, and realizes she's cuddling up with a little girly-man! Franz: Ya. Ya, girly-man. Hear me now and believe me later - but don't think about it ever, because, if you try to think, you might cause a flabulance! Hans: Ya! Franz: Poor little girly-man, alone in his girly-house! Hans: Sorry, Mr. Girly-Man, but here's a treat for your girlfriend! [ Hans & Franz flex their muscles egotistically ] run4fun - run for fun (never mind the muscleheads)!
        So what have you done today run4fun8910. Don't put off till tomorrow what you should do today already!!

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

run4fun8910

Wow. It is refreshing to see that I am in good company. I walked during a couple of breaks today. Could not sneak away at lunch today. I can not get my heart rate up during the walks. Though I assume they will do their pourpose of getting my body ready for some runs. I have actually been walking on breaks or lunches for a while now. Just around the area around my office. I am thinking about this for a routine for maybe a few weeks then start the C25K program. Since I work 4 10's 7:30 to 6pm m-th I am going to try the following schedule: M: eliptica, l W: 45 minute walk when kids are a sleep, F: 45 min walk, SU: 45 min walk. that is 4 days of dedicated excercize. Keeping in mind that I will still keep walking on breaks and some lunches. I want to just jump in to C25K program. But man I do not want to injure that groin again. Also I think I need to try and get better sleep. I used to run in the mornings before work. Hopefully by the time I get to add running to my routine I will have the sleeping issue worked out and can try running before work again. Right now it is just so cold that walking at 5 in the morning in singe to teens does not sound like fun. At least not yet. Thanks to all. And all have a good run.
          Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
            Take a cue from your screen name and "run4fun". I have a feeling that no matter how much your telling us you love to run there is something in your mind that views it as work. Maybe your looking at your past running history and feel like if you can't match that then "what's the point". I would just forget the last year and get my running shoes on and get started. Have fun again. If you can't run 5 miles so what. You'll do it soon enough. You KNOW you can do it so get it done. Remember a journey of a 1000 miles starts with the first step.
            Right On! Don't exercise, have fun. walk with your kids, walk to the store. Mix in a little running. I mean maybe 20 yards, then walk some more. Get in the habit of moving for fun. I hate to exercise, but I've been running since I was 257. Now around 212. 2.5 years of moving for fun. Good luck, meep meep

Another Passion

Wow. It is refreshing to see that I am in good company. I walked during a couple of breaks today. Could not sneak away at lunch today. I can not get my heart rate up during the walks. Though I assume they will do their pourpose of getting my body ready for some runs. I have actually been walking on breaks or lunches for a while now. Just around the area around my office. I am thinking about this for a routine for maybe a few weeks then start the C25K program. Since I work 4 10's 7:30 to 6pm m-th I am going to try the following schedule: M: eliptica, l W: 45 minute walk when kids are a sleep, F: 45 min walk, SU: 45 min walk. that is 4 days of dedicated excercize. Keeping in mind that I will still keep walking on breaks and some lunches. I want to just jump in to C25K program. But man I do not want to injure that groin again. Also I think I need to try and get better sleep. I used to run in the mornings before work. Hopefully by the time I get to add running to my routine I will have the sleeping issue worked out and can try running before work again. Right now it is just so cold that walking at 5 in the morning in singe to teens does not sound like fun. At least not yet. Thanks to all. And all have a good run.
              All that you've started is great! Keep it up. Don't be in any big hurry to ramp things up or get back to running. You don't want to end up injuring or re-injuring yourself. And, if you need futher motivation... just remember how blessed you are to be able to walk or run. Not everyone is so blessed, or ever was for that matter.

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Member Since 2008

Just dot it! I just got off the night shift and kept the motivation going. If I can, anyone can!!Smile
                  Run4fun. My all time high was 255. I'm just under 200 now but, was 185 two years ago so, I know how fun the weight gain rollercoaster can be sometimes. I remember the happy day my BMI went from being obese to being merely overweight. When I first started dropping weight I alternated using a rowing machine & one of those Nordic Trak skiing machines because I was concerned about what running at my weight would do to my knees & joints. I might've been overly cautious. C25K sounds like a good way to go. Were you treated by a doctor for you original groin pull? Did he/she give you some kind of stretching/strengthening exercises you could do so, you don't reinjure yourself. Good luck. You can do it.