How many miles do you get from your socks? (Read 1011 times)

who knows but what i wanna know is how come i always end up with single sox in my drawer. Where have they gone? Is there a sock heaven?
    A black willy warmer?

Vim

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Not all socks are created equal. Even ones that come together in the same 3-pack. It's true. I have some that I've had for maybe 7, 8 years and are still going strong. Others that became full of holes, turned to dust and floated away into space in just a year or two--those were the lucky ones, I always say. No way to predict it, really. Most of them, though, eventually go into the laundry and never come back. We don't ask questions about those ones, just assume they went to a better place.
      Darn it! I was trying to come up with a better yarn than this, but mikey beat me to it. He always seems to have that ace in the hole...
        Darn it! I was trying to come up with a better yarn than this, but mikey beat me to it. He always seems to have that ace in the hole...
        Makes you want to sock him, doesn't it?

Chris UK

When I was a kid we could only afford the holes. Wink

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

#artbydmcbride

Makes you want to sock him, doesn't it?
            Big grin the hoser!

Runners run

xor

Big grin the hoser!
              Stop padding this dual-layered thread.

MrH

When I was a kid we could only afford the holes. Wink
                "You were lucky!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Chris UK

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Darn, this is a strange thread.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Feeling the growl again

As many as it takes to get a finger-sized hole. Impossible to track. My wife runs in socks that don't even look like socks anymore, more like some sort of cloth colander.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

MrH

As many as it takes to get a finger-sized hole. Impossible to track. My wife runs in socks that don't even look like socks anymore, more like some sort of cloth colander.
                        Fishnet socks?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wise words. However my wife advises wearing at least 7 (seven!) pairs in the winter.
                          That is too many -- it can unbalance your form, and throw your cadence off.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This is why I try to always have 2-3 pair of the same color/model. That way if I lose a single sock I'm not rendering its mate useless. Smile
                            You can wear mismatched socks, but you should never do so on long run or intervals or mid-week mid-long. Only on easy days with fairly limited mileage -- recovery days are perfect for thsi.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.