Why no apps for I phone (Read 2346 times)

Bobalooga

Is it because ATT Blows
    eric :)

There is no iPhone app because I do not have the resources to create one.  I need a Mac, an iPhone with a data plan and an Apple developer's license.  I just don't know if the price you're willing to pay for such an app would recuperate my costs for creating the app.

Dad, Runner, Programmer

I'm a developer and I have a mac and iPhone and was looking to create an app anyway.  I was using runkeeper for a while but felt there training log was inadequate hence why I am here. Are there any APIs available I can use to do this?

2015 Goal:For now, keep running!

Feeling the growl again

Is it because ATT Blows

We're given this site for free, I'd try to come across a little more grateful.  Have you donated to support an app?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I'm a developer and I have a mac and iPhone and was looking to create an app anyway.  I was using runkeeper for a while but felt there training log was inadequate hence why I am here. Are there any APIs available I can use to do this?

I sent you a private message.  Let's take this offline.

I sent you a private message.  Let's take this offline.

Oh snap.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Dave

Oh snap.

No.  He was the helpful guy.  That wasn't like OH SNAP.  It was more like "Let's talk offline.  Maybe you can write one and make the most awesome running site on the web even more awesome."

Maybe they could charge for the App and split the profits.  I'd pay for one.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

If it doesn't work out with dbilenkin, I'm also willing to create an iPhone app, gratis of course. I'd love even more to whip up some runkeeper like gps tracking that can get uploaded directly to RA.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Maybe they could charge for the App and split the profits.  I'd pay for one.

And if there are any android developers out there, I'd be willing to pay for an app for one of those.

Actually, I will become an android developer, if I ever get some free time.  But right now that looks like it's going to be several (many?) years away.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

There's already an android app.  http://www.handyrunner.com/

You can find it in the market.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

There's already an android app.  http://www.handyrunner.com/

You can find it in the market.

Thanks -  I'll take a look at it, but I'm more interested in easy posting and reading of user groups, than with uploading of GPS information.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Try the Handy Runner Lite version then.  No GPS in that one I believe but still has the ability to post workouts.  No reading of forum/user groups in either.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

finnertyd

any new updates on a possible iphone app? i also would be more than happy to pay for an app that would combine the great site of RA with my iphone. for the couple developers that were speaking earlier...i have always wished that if a gps portion was available that it would be interactive with the route maker.  supposedly garmin was adding that feature to motion or something as of 3-4 years ago...ie to upload from route creation back to the garmin or here it would go back to the iphone.  i have lived in a few different areas and also travel some for work and vacation and would love to be able to look on a route creation portion...develope the route (click from turn to turn) and send it back to my iphone so i could get a personalized gps route for areas that i am not familiar with and don't want to get lost.  (ever gotten lost on a long training run during the summer with no means of getting water and no phone!! scarey!!) do like other options like controlling music from app, and ghost runner.  LOVE THIS SITE and would definitely pay for app!!

thanks runner finn

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

i also would be more than happy to pay for an app that would combine the great site of RA with my iphone iTouch

+1

An iPhone app is in the works.  I do not have a time frame for its release but I will announce it when it is ready.