Another Shameless Post (Read 1038 times)

finally finished a long run really well ...and its my last long run before NY ... 19 miles ... consistent pace w/ good hydration ... good GEL intake -- perfect weather. My last 2 long runs the wheels came off at mile 16 so I have been having serious confidence issues plus fighting nagging knee injuries and toe propblems -- basically a pity party. So I spent this prior week stalking all the great race reports [Berner / Zoomie among others]. Got me fired up and absolutely helped get the head screwed on right ... the whole time I was running I was thinking about throwing up a post. So, ... thanks for the inspiration and my next Shameless Brag will be on Nov. 3rd

2012= under-goaled

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay!!! I can't wait to read your race report! I hope taper is kind to you. This easier time should do a lot to help your knee. Mine bothered me through most of training, but by race day was rested and very strong. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Old, Slow, Happy

Hey Tim GREAT LONG RUN!!! It looks like you'll be ready to go. A good run like that before your taper should give you a lot of confidence. I predict you wan't have any problems and things will be all good. I can't wait unitl I can catch up with all you 26.2ers. I'm getting jealous. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! I'm looking forward to your race report.
          back to HS ... it ain't a race until you are tossing your cookies on the person in front of you at the finish ... BTW -- what does LSD King mean?

2012= under-goaled

De-slacking in progress

back to HS ... it ain't a race until you are tossing your cookies on the person in front of you at the finish ... BTW -- what does LSD King mean?
            maybe Confused this: I noticed it right away when he changed it also- just saying I major'd in Pharmacology back in my young and dumb days.. hasnnttttnn effeeccetd m mee onee bitt LSD is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Schedule I drugs, which include heroin and MDMA, have a high potential for abuse and serve no legitimate medical purpose.(3) Its two precursors lysergic acid and lysergic acid amide are both in Schedule III of the CSA. The LSD precursors ergotamine and ergonovine are List I chemicals.(4) STREET TERMS Acid, blotter acid, window pane, dots, mellow yellow SHORT-TERM EFFECTS The short-term effects of LSD are unpredictable. They depend on the amount of the drug taken; the user's personality, mood, and expectations; and the surroundings in which the drug is used. Usually, the user feels the first effects of the drug within 30 to 90 minutes of ingestion. These experiences last for extended periods of time and typically begin to clear after about 12 hours. The physical effects include dilated pupils, higher body temperature, increased heart rate and blood pressure, sweating, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, dry mouth, and tremors. Sensations may seem to "cross over" for the user, giving the feeling of hearing colors and seeing sounds. If taken in a large enough dose, the drug produces delusions and visual hallucinations.(5) LONG-TERM EFFECTS LSD users often have flashbacks, during which certain aspects of their LSD experience recur even though they have stopped taking the drug. In addition, LSD users may develop long-lasting psychoses, such as schizophrenia or severe depression. LSD is not considered an addictive drug - that is, it does not produce compulsive drug-seeking behavior as cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine do. However, LSD users may develop tolerance to the drug, meaning that they must consume progressively larger doses of the drug in order to continue to experience the hallucinogenic effects that they seek.(6) but he probably really mean Long Slow Distance run Big grin

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Old, Slow, Happy

LSD=Long Slow Distance I've been doing it for 5 years. I just recently started to care how fast I was running. Until then, all I cared about was getting the distance in. What did you think? Modified to correct spelling errors
                I dont' know ... LSD King ? ... I figured your picture would be tie-dyed and then I wondered if those long runs had really happened ... or if you just imagined that they happened. Evil grin Just realize that if you get under 200lbs then you lose your "clydesdale" status ...

2012= under-goaled

LSD=Long Slow Distance I've been doing it for 5 years. I just recently started to care how fast I was running. Until then, all I cared about was getting the distance in.
                  I remember a post of yours from a while back, saying you weren't sure if you were ready for a marathon. You are SO ready, if you can get the knee issues squared away all you need is an entry form. Tim, your training has also been very consistent. I think you've set yourself up for a very positive experience in NYC, you've covered a lot of ground in a short time. Can't wait for the race report.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.