What are your "goal miles" "races to run" for 2009? (Read 924 times)

2009 goals 1,200+ miles on the log <27 bmi="" &=""></27><200 pounds=""></200><20:00 5k="" (many="" chances="" at="" this="" distance.="" possible="" some="" time="" after="" june="" maybe)=""></20:00><1:45:00 half-marathon="" (south="" shore="" 1/2="" in="" april...="" not="" likely="" but="" maybe="" in="" oconomowoc="" in="" september)=""></1:45:00><6:00 mile (bannister mile in may fun run) turn 40 with a smile mile="" (bannister="" mile="" in="" may="" fun="" run)="" turn="" 40="" with="" a=""></6:00 mile (bannister mile in may fun run) turn 40 with a smile>

wanderingoutlaw

I would like to run at least 1750 miles for the year--that will only be about 200 miles more than this year. As to races, I want to run a good marathon (no major cramping or slow finish). I'm going to try to find at least a couple of half-marathons to run. Of course I'd like to PR at all distances (and that should be do-able). I haven't yet chosen any particular races.

John

My 2009 goals are: Sub 1:20 half marathon in Feb if I can train well & lose the 7 pounds or so I need to to get to a decent race weight (if not sub 1:22:30), a second half in the build-up to Berlin in September with the same goal. My 2nd Marathon hopefully in Berlin on September the 20th, and hopefully my 1st sub 3:00:00 And possibly a sub 5 minute mile if I find the time to tune up for a couple of weeks for a track attempt or a mile race i know in Battersea Park - London. Good luck all!
          I would love to run 2009 miles in 2009. Break 19 minutes in a 5k. And win my age group in my local race series as I have come in 3rd place the past 2 years.
          gregw

I'm on track to run >3000 miles in 2008 and hope to repeat that next year (knock wood). I'd like to run a sub-1:30 half in 2009.

Double IPA Please!

1800-2000 miles Running my first Full Marathon in May A couple Halfs Perhaps another full in the fall depending on how my Spring full went A few smaller races.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Dutchie42

My 2009 goals are: 1) 2000K total mileage 2) Never bothered with speed training so in 2009 want to PR (if only by 10 seconds) at the following distances 5K - sub 30min in Nov 10K - sub 1h01 in Dec 10 miles - sub 1h43 in May half marathon - sub 2h15 in June 3) 2nd marathon in October in 5 hours or less 4) do all of the above without injury

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I'm going for a measly Tongue 750 miles next year. I will probably surpass it. I want to improve my half marathon time at the Napa to Sonoma Half in July. I want to get under 2:10 I want to improve my 5k time. I want to improve my 10k time. I want to run injury free. I want to run the Healdsburg Half again in October. I just want to run. Big grin

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

I want to run 2009 km in 2009 Wink That's about 1250 miles. That would be a 10% increase over this year. I've got some PRs to smash and would like to run a half-marathon. I would also like to find a pair of shoes that are perfect for my long runs. Good luck HappyDuck!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1000 miles in 2009 2007 + 2008 = 1200+ - miles.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runlikeagirI

My goal for 2009 is 1200 miles. On my calendar so far are the Indy Mini, Flying Pig half, inaugural Seattle RnR race (don't know which distance yet since they haven't posted course info) and a fall marathon. I bought my first bike in September so some local duathlons are in the plan as well. I would like to do my first under 30:00 5k as well, I came close this year.
                          Okay 2008 recap first is most important before moving inot 2009. 14 official marathons 177.5 miles over 5 days a nice amount of miles with a steady 10% increase as the year and races allowed. Fastest marathon 3:19 Slowest marathon 4:12 (6:22 if you consider the last day of the ultra back to backs) 5K of 18:28 half marathonof 1:28:?? 2009 Miles: 3000-3200 Races: Boston Qualifying marathon (hopefully in Houston) Ultra's: Run a hundred miler (hope for sub 24 hour but a finish will work) 50 miler as well Tri's: possible half Ironman This will be an eventful year coming up. I hope for great health and happy running.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett