Alternative to Garmin for Trail Running (Read 64 times)

I'm looking for a reasonably priced alternative to the Garnin 310xt that I currently have and which I have had about 3 yrs.  I would love for the alternative to have a minimum 10 hrs of charge time and keep good track of mileage when running through trees.  Anything beyond that is "fluff."

I have nothing but trouble with the 310xt, especially when it comes to charging (it constantly turns on when hooked up to the charger) and does a crap job of maintaining a charge.  I've done a hard reset numerous times to try and resolve the issue.

. . .  I miss my 305, which was a workhorse.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Your minimum 10 hours battery requirement, and your reasonably priced requirement, may be in conflict with each other.

I got a Fenix 3 HR when my last Garmin died about a year ago, but I wouldn't call it "reasonably priced".

The Fenix series has long GPS tracking life, but they cost a lot. The new Polar M430 has the option of reducing the GPS 'pings" to save battery life, but might not be accurate enough for you. My Polar M400 is ok regarding reception, but it did drop out in the Redwoods and some steep and deep canyons. Supposedly the M430 has newest greatest GPS receiver, but read some real-world reviews.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying