How to log Pushups? (Read 1885 times)

Half Fanatic #846

Maybe I'm missing something - I searched the forums and pushup groups, but how do you log pushups (or sit ups, or chin ups etc.) so that the log automatically keeps a "running" total? I guess I could log each one as a "yard" or "meter", but I'm probably overlooking the obvious! Roll eyes Thanks for any help!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

I just use the new strength training option, although I don't believe that tells me how many pushups I do just how many stretch training workouts I've done.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

A Saucy Wench

Yeah I think if you wanted to be able to chart Cumulative pushups you would have to create a workout type named pushups and then use yards or meters or something. Given the length of my arms I suppose I travel about a meter per pushup.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Half Fanatic #846

... you would have to create a workout type named pushups and then use yards or meters or something.
          Thanks - that's what I'll do then.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

JakeKnight

Maybe I'm missing something - I searched the forums and pushup groups, but how do you log pushups (or sit ups, or chin ups etc.) so that the log automatically keeps a "running" total? I guess I could log each one as a "yard" or "meter", but I'm probably overlooking the obvious! Roll eyes Thanks for any help!
            Why not just let Wingz do it for you? http://www.runningahead.com/groups/pushup/

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Why not just let Wingz do it for you? http://www.runningahead.com/groups/pushup/
              That's a lot of people doing a lot of pushups. Another hidden gem on RA, who knew?

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Best Present Ever

That's a lot of people doing a lot of pushups. Another hidden gem on RA, who knew?
                yes! I haven't been participating in that group, but i found out about the pushup challenge here. I've still can't believe what an amazing difference doing pushups has made -- I was working out with weights before, and not little-bitty ones, but the pushups have done more for my upper body than any weight lifting I was doing.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Not exactly what you need, but a cool push up logger http://www.pushupslogger.com/

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                  Gatorade Endurance Team