Cheap shoe alert! (Read 1086 times)

CalBears

Not sure this qualifies as "cheap" but Endorphin Pro V1s are $80 at some site called superrunnershop. I just snagged the last size 8.5 

https://superrunnersshop.com/products/mens-saucony-endorphin-speed-cobalt?_pos=1&_psq=endorphin-speed&_ss=e&_v=1.0

p.s. if anyone has some suggestions for cheapish shoes that are good for easy/recovery days I'd love some suggestions. I have NB 890s for the track, Saucony Kinvara (v11) for my longer runs and tempo work but my Altra Torins which I run easy days in have started bothering my achilles (and they have 350 miles).

You meant - Endorphin Speed, right? Endorphin Pro V1 though is kind of cheap too - $100.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Marky_Mark_17

p.s. if anyone has some suggestions for cheapish shoes that are good for easy/recovery days I'd love some suggestions. I have NB 890s for the track, Saucony Kinvara (v11) for my longer runs and tempo work but my Altra Torins which I run easy days in have started bothering my achilles (and they have 350 miles).

I've been using the Saucony Freedom's for a while for easy and recovery days (plus easy pace long runs).  Runs a bit like a more cushioned version of the Kinvara so should hopefully work fine for you.  The 4 has just come out so you may be able to pick up the 3 cheaply.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

10/12/21

Marshall's in CA and probably everywhere else

Saucony Endorphin Shift $55

Saucony Triumph 18 $60

Reebok Floatride Run Fast PRO $50 (was $250 when it was first released!)

They had the Endorphin Speed for $80 about a month ago but I couldn't find my size. Haven't seen any since then.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Running Problem

Problem Child

I will have to check out my local marshalls. I didn't know they sold running shoes.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

I will have to check out my local marshalls. I didn't know they sold running shoes.

Over the years I've found some gems. They seem to be getting last years Sauconys now, I'll keep stopping by and looking for some Endorphin Speed in my size. And always spikes; I can't resist Nike Victory Elites and Matumbos for $10-12 even though I can't wear spikes anymore (achilles complains), so I buy them and give them to my alma mater HS when I visit.

Granted, everything is last year's model, but if they were super shoes last year, how bad can they be this year? 

Half Crazy K 2.0

TJ Maxx and Sierra are under the same parent company as Marshalls. If you have a Sierra store around, they only carry activewear & shoes.

CalBears

nothing here in SF East Bay Marshalls - only Saucony Triumph (for $79?) - size 11, 12 and 13 - that's it.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

nothing here in SF East Bay Marshalls - only Saucony Triumph (for $79?) - size 11, 12 and 13 - that's it.

I think it was the one in Albany that had all the Floatride Fast Pro's. And more Triumphs.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Reebok Floatride Energy (Men's) 2.0 $59.99 @ Rack Room Shoes:

Black: https://www.rackroomshoes.com/p/floatride-energy-2-0-running-shoe/621260

Blue: https://www.rackroomshoes.com/p/floatride-energy-2-0-running-shoe/621261

I don't wear these but seems like a decent deal. Also, they're currently buy one get one 50% off, so two pairs costs about $90 before tax.

--Christine

zebano

10/12/21

Marshall's in CA and probably everywhere else

Saucony Endorphin Shift $55

Saucony Triumph 18 $60

Reebok Floatride Run Fast PRO $50 (was $250 when it was first released!)

They had the Endorphin Speed for $80 about a month ago but I couldn't find my size. Haven't seen any since then.

Has anyone tried the Endorphin Shifts? I love the Speeds but  that price is pretty amazing and Sierra has them for $59  if you want to order them online.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

Has anyone tried the Endorphin Shifts? I love the Speeds but  that price is pretty amazing and Sierra has them for $59  if you want to order them online.

I tried them on, but I land and roll on the lateral side of my foot, and the Shift didn't have any lateral support in the upper, so I knew I'd be hanging off the side of the midsole before too long. Otherwise they felt pretty good.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Yes, to me it is just a standard easy running shoe and at that price they are worth buying. I agree with you on the Speeds as that is an awesome workout shoe!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

The Endorphin Pro 1's are on sale for half price at $100 on Running Warehouse.  From what I've read, they're not as popular as the Speeds but that still seems like an amazing deal.  Has anyone heard of anything really negative about them that would make it not worth it?

Personal Records:

5K - 20:07 ran in September 2021 (The second half split during the 10K run listed below.)

10K - 41:10 ran in September 2021

8 miles - 56:15 ran in November 2021

Half Marathon - 1:39:06 ran in September 2020

zebano

The Endorphin Pro 1's are on sale for half price at $100 on Running Warehouse.  From what I've read, they're not as popular as the Speeds but that still seems like an amazing deal.  Has anyone heard of anything really negative about them that would make it not worth it?

Jason,

I've read nothing negative about them other than they aren't quite as good (for most people) as the Nike carbon plated shoes. I personally own a pair and I love them. The main thing I'll add is that my calves are always trashed after I race in them but that also happens with flats so I think it's just my personal running form is hard on my calves and not anything to do with the shoe..

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

Jason,

I've read nothing negative about them other than they aren't quite as good (for most people) as the Nike carbon plated shoes. I personally own a pair and I love them. The main thing I'll add is that my calves are always trashed after I race in them but that also happens with flats so I think it's just my personal running form is hard on my calves and not anything to do with the shoe..

It's interesting you mention about your calves because The Ginger Runner on YouTube also said the Pro's affect his calves whereas the Speeds did not have that effect.  I'm torn.  I have a pair of the original Speeds that I love with still lots of wear left.  If they were still available at that price, I'd get another pair.  If the Pro's are more of a racing only type shoe, I don't know how much use I'd get out of them.  I'd be fine racing in the Speeds I think.  Still, $100 is a great price...

Personal Records:

5K - 20:07 ran in September 2021 (The second half split during the 10K run listed below.)

10K - 41:10 ran in September 2021

8 miles - 56:15 ran in November 2021

Half Marathon - 1:39:06 ran in September 2020