Anyone running Marine Corps this weekend? (Read 734 times)

Kimmie

Thanks for posting my result. I am thrilled that I went under 4. I've been trying to do that for a little bit now and finally I have a 3 at the beginning. I will definitely be writing a race report on this one.
    BostonRnr

Congrats to all! I'm thrilled with my time. Great experience for first marathon. Will report more later. Yes
        This shirt's even better than the last. I feel like I'm wearing pajamas.
          Those I could stalk with relative confidence (I had to make some assumptions...) are in. If I'm off, let me know and I'll correct it. Way to work! 3:30:55 Greg Rowe 3:39:23 dgb2n 3:56:41 kimmie 3:58:21 BostonRnr (nice debut Susan, your GT5K buds are very proud of you!) 4:22:07 tiggerunner 4:31:28 Lank Oddly enough, the search came up empty for Fufu Puddlebumper so I have no result for Save Cheevers. Undecided
          Fufu clocked a 3:18:07. Beautiful morning and especially nice watch the runners disappear into the fog in Georgetown with the college rising out of the mist. Congrats all. Those early hills take their toll at the end.

Bugs

Those I could stalk with relative confidence (I had to make some assumptions...) are in. If I'm off, let me know and I'll correct it. Way to work! 3:30:55 Greg Rowe 3:39:23 dgb2n 3:56:41 kimmie 3:58:21 BostonRnr (nice debut Susan, your GT5K buds are very proud of you!) 4:22:07 tiggerunner 4:31:28 Lank Oddly enough, the search came up empty for Fufu Puddlebumper so I have no result for Save Cheevers. Undecided
            GREAT JOB TO ALL!

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Instead, sneak the other way to the Rosslyn station. This will be crowded too, but mo bettah.
              Note: Rosslyn (metro) was a disaster -- they closed the gate (to prevent overcrowding I assume) and there was a huge line. We took the shuttle to Crystal City and it wasn't crowded at all.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Yes, the Rosslyn station was a mess. We decided to walk back to Arlington station and good thing-the trains were empty and we got right on. It gave me a chance to stretch my legs anyway. Kathy
                xor

Yes, the Rosslyn station was a mess. We decided to walk back to Arlington station and good thing-the trains were empty and we got right on. It gave me a chance to stretch my legs anyway. Kathy
                  Well I'll be dipped. This is so totally opposite from how it was in years past. I'll stop giving that word of advice now. Huh. There was a time when it was basically *impossible* to walk back to Arlington Cemetery station.

The shirtless wonder

Thanks for posting my result! I actually clocked a 3:29:44. For some reason the net time that was sent via email alerts was significantly incorrect. The results listed on the MCM website match my stopwatch exactly. I'm sure you all know how important those "few seconds" were to me to break 3:30. I'll post a race report sometime soon. Thanks, Greg

The shirtless wonder

Note: Rosslyn (metro) was a disaster -- they closed the gate (to prevent overcrowding I assume) and there was a huge line. We took the shuttle to Crystal City and it wasn't crowded at all.
                      We also skipped Rosslyn station as the lines were insane. We walked to Georgetown and called a cab -- three times. A lot of people were looking for cabs and they'd invariably end up hailing (sp?) our cab. I didn't mind walking. I didn't mind waiting for a cab. I wouldn't have minded riding the crowded metro (probably not...). Once I crossed that finish line I didn't care about anything...except regaining the ability to walk! Greg
                        Cheevers- I have to say the shirt is sooooo much better than past ones. I'm glad they fixed it because I can actually wear it now. From a spectator,my husband said the finish line is worse. People crowd around the finish to find runners and don't want to move. I get a bit testy when I am trying to go somewhere and a stroller is pushing into my shins!!! Leave them home or stay away from the crowds-my rant. Kathy
                        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

One of my spectators also said the finish line was overcrowded. Also, in Rosslyn, some harried woman pushing a stroller actually ran over my foot - I didn't really appreciate that much. Or the fact that she didn't even apologize. However, on the plus side, I did get a couple freebies on the streets in Rosslyn and in Crystal City; I like free giveaways Smile

For finish line video: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/interactives/marinemarathon08/index.html?sid=ST2008102601721 The "unofficial time" looks to me to be about one minute fast.

The shirtless wonder

For finish line video: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/interactives/marinemarathon08/index.html?sid=ST2008102601721 The "unofficial time" looks to me to be about one minute fast.
                              That's awesome! Thanks for posting that link. It's really great because I didn't get to see my friends finish the race. Not to mention being able to see myself cross. I agree the time in the video appears to be about 1 minute faster than gun time. Greg
                              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You can also see photos of runners now. Go to the results and get their bib number, then go to the marathonfoto page and use their bib number and last name to see photos. http://results.active.com/pages/page.jsp?eventLinkageID=34157 http://www.marathonfoto.com/home.cfm?Language=en&BFI=rz2mix9u7s&Frames=true&Flash=true&FlashVersion=8&Height=768&Width=1024&Index2Home=true PS: Works for 10K also.