Southern Ontario: Missing Person (Read 431 times)

I know this is a long shot with very limited #'s of people from the Hamilton area.  But I know there are a few....

On Monday, 5/6/13, Tim Bosma went missing in what appears to be a crime.  He's from Ancaster Ontario Canada.

He's selling a vehicle on a couple of different websites, and on Monday night at 9pm, he met with a couple of potential buyers.  Ever since then, he's been missing.

http://globalnews.ca/news/545030/man-disappears-after-test-drive-with-interested-truck-buyers/

This is a family friend.  My brother and Tim are very close friends.

If you're in the Ancaster, Hamilton, Brantford, Burlington, Grimsby and / or anywhere in the Niagara peninsula , and have seen anything unusual this week on your run or in your daily commute, please contact the proper authorities.  According to Tim's wife, the "buyers" said they were from Toronto and were driving in to Ancaster after work to look at the truck.

(For details of the vehicle, click on the link)

Many thanks,
    Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Yikes! I hope they find him.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Prayers for his safe return.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

northernman

Fight The Future

Hope he's ok.

You might try posting on Reddit for more widespread attention

Hope he's ok.

You might try posting on Reddit for more widespread attention

It is on Reddit as well.

Life Goals:

Village people

That is awful! I hope he is okay,

I used to live in Niagara Falls and I have still have friends in the area. I'll post it on FB.

i posted it on FB and twitter...so scary when things like this happen Sad

Feeling the growl again

I hope they find him OK.  So many reasons craigslist disturbs me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So awful.  We are missing a young mother in our area.  She was working alone at a gas station and it was clear that she was in the process of closing when she was abducted.  The station had no cameras, so the police have been scouring surveillance cameras from nearby stores to get clues as to her whereabouts.  Her blood was found on-site.  It's been nearly 2 weeks since she was taken...so awful that she's not yet been located.  I really wish businesses would never have employees close alone after dark...especially without any cameras.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Zoomy, yes, I've been following the Heeringa story as well.  That's another story that has hit home.

(The Dutch community is tight, and both of these events have tugged on my emotions over the past couple weeks.)

So awful.  We are missing a young mother in our area.  She was working alone at a gas station and it was clear that she was in the process of closing when she was abducted.  The station had no cameras, so the police have been scouring surveillance cameras from nearby stores to get clues as to her whereabouts.  Her blood was found on-site.  It's been nearly 2 weeks since she was taken...so awful that she's not yet been located.  I really wish businesses would never have employees close alone after dark...especially without any cameras.

Life Goals:

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hope Tim and Jessica are both located safely.  Yesterday's discovery of the 3 abducted girls in Cleveland after over a decade missing really gave me hope.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

TechW, DJJan, thank you for spreading the word.

Others, thanks for your thoughts and concerns.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/07/hamilton-missing-man.html

Life Goals:

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I am so sorry and hope he is found soon.

TRUST THE PROCESS

A little update for those of us south of the border.

For those north of the border, I believe that national new coverage is all over this story.  I've been getting my news updates and live video press releases from the main Canadian news outlets.

On Thursday, they found his cell phone in Brantford (about 10 miles from his hom in Ancaster)

On Friday, it was discovered that the criminals tried the same thing the the day before Tim was abducted, but the person they went to test drive the vehicle with was very obese, and the criminals didn't attempt the abduction.  The obese man was able to supply additional information (specific tattoo).

On Saturday, they found 1 of the criminals because of the tattoo. (in Etobicoke which is just outside of Toronto)

On Sunday, they found the vehicle in a race car trailer at the criminal's mother's home. (just north of Toronto)

So far, they have not found Tim Bosma.

Life Goals:

Feeling the growl again

A little update for those of us south of the border.

For those north of the border, I believe that national new coverage is all over this story.  I've been getting my news updates and live video press releases from the main Canadian news outlets.

On Thursday, they found his cell phone in Brantford (about 10 miles from his hom in Ancaster)

On Friday, it was discovered that the criminals tried the same thing the the day before Tim was abducted, but the person they went to test drive the vehicle with was very obese, and the criminals didn't attempt the abduction.  The obese man was able to supply additional information (specific tattoo).

On Saturday, they found 1 of the criminals because of the tattoo. (in Etobicoke which is just outside of Toronto)

On Sunday, they found the vehicle in a race car trailer at the criminal's mother's home. (just north of Toronto)

So far, they have not found Tim Bosma.

Thanks for the update, didn't know they found the truck or how they knew about the tattoo.  I hope they find him soon.

This whole case is so odd.  So it appears the real motive may have been an actual abduction, versus just stealing the truck?  And the criminal they caught was not some random thug, but appears to be from a fairly affluent family with some accomplishments of their own (age records for helicopter and fixed flight)?

A good reminder to be very careful when dealing with people over the internet....I recently sold a truck via similar Craigslist method as well.  A good half of the replies I got were iffy enough not to respond.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills