Lower leg pain (Read 50 times)

Eric7giants

Hello. I’m getting pain on my left leg that’s causing me to not be able to run. It’s halfway between my knee and ankle on the outside part of left leg. I’m not even sure what the name of that area is nor how to treat, stretch or prevent it. Any help? 

an amazing likeness

Google "shin splints".  Is that what you're describing?  If so, it is most often an overuse injury. Best treated with RICE -- Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.  Also, shorten your stride.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Eric7giants

Thanks for the response. It’s not shin splints. I had that in both legs for a couple months when I first started running. The dr had me do some strength training in order to prevent those

SMART Approach

Probably a typical runner soft tissue tweak we have all experienced. Likely from more stress than you can recover from. You may need to cross train for a couple weeks. Keep walking but also work on strength and flexibility work. Also evaluate your running plan. On any injury you really need to address the cause. Weakness, too fast training etc. Keep moving though to encourage healing. Active recovery is huge just don't irritate area. Get area really warmed up before your runs going forward.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com