pain in right ankle (Read 1639 times)

Zee5229

Hello everyone I cannot find anything on the internet so I am hoping someone here knows what is going on with me. For the last couple weeks I have had pain in my outer right ankle around the joint. it hurts mainly when push off, flex, or put a good amount on my right foot when I walk. It is never horrible pain but it is definitively uncomfortable and I feel it continuously, walking or running. It isn't bad enough for me to not run and seems to subside mostly after 2 miles or so but it is scary as I don't want to injure myself. I am currently training for my first marathon so I don't want to stop running unless the only alternative is injury. any help would be greatly appreciated.

"run" "2" "eat"

i had mysterious ankle pain a couple years ago. it wasn't that bad... so i kept running on it until i couldn't walk on it, and finally went to the doc. turned out - it was a stress fracture and i was sentenced to "no weight bearing" for six weeks.

i'd recommend getting it checked out by a doc -- better safe than sorry.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Kalsarikännit

Peroneal tendonitis is a possibility.  The tendon goes behind the lateral malleolus (the big bump on the outside of the ankle).  Maybe that is what you meant by joint?  

And what waffles said about the doctor.  

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

i had mysterious ankle pain a couple years ago.

Hey, so did I.  I was minding my own business, running a 21 mile long run.  Then some chick pushed me and I twisted my ankle in a pothole.  At mile 1.  I finished the run (before said chick, I might add), but then couldn't walk for weeks.

And now that chick keeps "discovering" songs on Shazaam.

True story.

"run" "2" "eat"

ternt, maybe you should have seen a doctor, you know, when the trouble started?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I did.  He slapped my behind and made me cry.

I get all kinds of aches and pains in my heels, feet, knees, etc. at different times. If they're transient -- come and go during the course of a mile or two -- then I ignore them. Not sayin' that's the best way to deal with them, but it works for me.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I had something like this once.  Turned out it was the running shoes and the cut away they had by my ankle was basically putting mild pressure on it all the time when I ran, and oddly enough it translated into a dull ache that would not go away!  I ended up putting different arch thingies in the shoes (swapped out the standard insert they came with, with a pair of something from my running store that was like $15 or so) and that moved the ankle up slightly, and the problem went away.  Or you could try different shoes. 

Or, it might not be anything like this at all, but it was for me, and I don't have it now, luckily!!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                  Gatorade Endurance Team

Jeniffer

Very well is the discussion continued, thank you for sharing all of yours' views.