Dick hurt in the cold morning (Read 4741 times)

bhearn

Search Results  | Races in Database  |  Sacramento Events  |   Weekend Results   |  Links   |  Contact   

First
    Name
    Last
    Name

Place
    Sex 
    Place
    Div 
    Place

Sex

Time

Pace

Date

Race Name
    Dick Kurtz 184 85 2 77 M 0:45:04 14:30 4/13/2003    MMRF Race for Research 5K

What an epic day 4/13/2003 was.   I would SO have loved to have been there when the poor RD announced the 2nd place 70+ winner.

Or this guy who won his AG quite impressively in the  2009 ORRC Summer Solstice Sundowner 5K:

AGOAthleteM/FAgeBibFinalDiff
    1 2 2 Mike Hunt M 19   16:01

Wing

Joggaholic

Search Results  | Races in Database  |  Sacramento Events  |   Weekend Results   |  Links   |  Contact   

First
      Name
      Last
      Name

Place
      Sex 
      Place
      Div 
      Place

Sex

Time

Pace

Date

Race Name

What an epic day 4/13/2003 was.   I would SO have loved to have been there when the poor RD announced the 2nd place 70+ winner.

Not sure if he's a runner......

xhristopher

First
        Name
        Last
        Name

Place
        Sex 
        Place
        Div 
        Place

Sex

Time

Pace

Date

Race Name

Oh my, Dick Kurtz nearly won his division.

BTW, Kurtz means short in German.

CeeDotA

You know, I thought this was a pretty funny topic at first, and was pretty much like, "whatever, not even sure how that would happen."

Wasn't even that cold today, but dude, the junk did not appreciate it. Even wrapped up in tights and shorts, it was cold enough things got painful. Almost made me think seriously about that ThermaJock contraption!

Current PRs:

5K: 27:06 (11/10/12) | 5M: 44:03 (6/1/13) | 10K: 1:00:48 (7/4/12)

15K: 1:27:53 (3/17/13) | 10M: 1:30:25 (4/13/13) | HM: 1:59:55 (4/28/13)

Next race: Ashland 4th of July 10K

Turbolegs

This is one hilarious thread .. for someone for whom the coldest it ever gets in a year is probably 24 degrees Celsius, this is indeed fascinating stuff. Its like Mr.Freeze came and blitzed your manhood for fun ... some people take "Run Hard" way too seriously ....

On a more serious note though, i hope OP has this sorted out now .. you can only juggle so many balls at a time.... Big grin

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

First
              Name
              Last
              Name

Place
              Sex 
              Place
              Div 
              Place

Sex

Time

Pace

Date

Race Name

On a related note (well,not really)- I work with a guy named Hairy Peters.

That's all.

Fanilow

Every time I see this thread it makes me laugh...and glad I don't have a dick.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

Sir Bird

Put the whole package in a sock when you run.
                  B-Plus

Put the whole package in a sock when you run.

Wouldn't a condom have better wind blocking properties?
                      Wouldn't a condom have better wind blocking properties?

it's certainly appropriate for precipitation.  but the key to dressing in bad weather is layers. 

dennrunner

it's certainly appropriate for precipitation.  but the key to dressing in bad weather is layers. 

Isn't there usually precipitation?  Possibly even a flood?

xhristopher

After a few years of frozen bits I finally invested in these Pearl izumi Barrier Liners. With temps in the low 20s some decent wind I got to try them out this morning. They are overpriced but I recommend them. Kept it warm.

With temps in the low 20s some decent wind

Oh that was decent wind? Okay.

The stretch of the Lynn Fells on the way back felt a little indecent. Almost obscene, actually.

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Funny, I've been thinking about this thread the last couple of mornings. Smile

After a few years of frozen bits I finally invested in these Pearl izumi Barrier Liners. With temps in the low 20s some decent wind I got to try them out this morning. They are overpriced but I recommend them. Kept it warm.

Delucaj laughs at people who wear these or pants for that matter in 15 degree weather.