What did you see on your long run this week? (Read 1581 times)

This past Sunday on my 12 miler I say 8 people that I know while running.......... So - whats so great about that ---- That I have been running this same course on Sunday for over a year and never one time have I seen someone that I know (seen lots of people - but none the I know) and Sunday, there were lots of people...

Champions are made when no one is watching

Jill_B

I fly.

On my long run Sunday I saw an older couple walking on the rail trail. They were wearing a lot of clothing... Sweat shirts, heavy valor sweat pants, coats tied around there waists, The gentleman even had a heavy winter scarf around his neck! Shocked It was over 50 degrees! I felt under dressed with my race shorts and tech tee... Big grin
      I saw a woman running wearing her winter coat and a warm hat and gloves (and what looked like heavy warm pants. I wasn't cold at all in my shorts & tee.

Bring it on.

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

The freakin' sun (it's been a long winter). Other runners were were graced with my white a-- legs.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Jill_B

I fly.

I couldn't wait to get back from my run to post in this thread. I ran on the Atlantic City boardwalk this morning, which usually means that I see more than my fair share of crazies. Today there was a normal looking middle aged guy, wearing normal looking clothing pushing a running stroller that had a dog in it. As I passed him, the man, not the dog, started barking at me. It was pretty odd. And I thought I imagined it, but when I passed him on the way back, he did it again. Awesome.

Bring it on.

I couldn't wait to get back from my run to post in this thread. I ran on the Atlantic City boardwalk this morning, which usually means that I see more than my fair share of crazies. Today there was a normal looking middle aged guy, wearing normal looking clothing pushing a running stroller that had a dog in it. As I passed him, the man, not the dog, started barking at me. It was pretty odd. And I thought I imagined it, but when I passed him on the way back, he did it again. Awesome.
            I used to work at an emergency vet clinic years ago. We had a 25 lb. cat that was a repeat patient due to kidney problems. On more than one occasion I caught the owner (a man) cleaning the cat with his own tongue. Thankfully, I never found any giant hairballs!
              I used to work at an emergency vet clinic years ago. We had a 25 lb. cat that was a repeat patient due to kidney problems. On more than one occasion I caught the owner (a man) cleaning the cat with his own tongue. Thankfully, I never found any giant hairballs!
              That is just...UGH! YUCK!!!!!
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                Okay - I love my cats like crazy, but I draw the line at cleaning them with my tongue! That's just freaky nasty, nasty freaky. Dead

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

ran on beach at Oak Island, N.Carolina last week & followed alongside 2 whales about 50 yds off surf for about 30 minutes!! Awesome !! From Seattle area. Skyedog

Mr. Muscle

I saw the fair weather fans finally getting off their lazy rears and doing something. (This ticks me off because I'm always passing people or waiting to pass people.) And I see even more STILL lazy people sitting inside wasting away. Another pet peeve of mine
                    DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Today there was a normal looking middle aged guy, wearing normal looking clothing pushing a running stroller that had a dog in it. As I passed him, the man, not the dog, started barking at me. It was pretty odd. And I thought I imagined it, but when I passed him on the way back, he did it again. Awesome.
                      On the same note: today I was running downtown Lawrence, KS and passed a dude dressed in a childrens' spiderman costume (fake muscles and all), pushing a stroller, wearing womens tennis shoes and carrying a ~ 16" doll...no sh**! Then...on the river levee I saw a guy pushing a double running stroller...when I turned to get a glimpse of the kiddos in the stroller I realized that there were no kids - only kids clothes laid out to look like there were kids in the stroller! Trippy!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

I was on mile 16 of my LR coming back into oakland when I suddenly realized the city was strangely quiet and the entirety of Forbes Ave was closed off due to an enormous number of police vehicles of every kind parked in the road. It dawned on my that I was running jauntily through a mass of black clothed mourners who came out to pay their respects to the three killed Pittsburgh Police Officers. Wow, did I feel like a dumbass! I had to cross a police barrier to get to the other street so I could cut up and go behind the procession. I felt pretty bad, at least I couldv'e worn a black shirt or something (no that wasn't meant to be funny!).
                          well, for the first hour, it was dark (we started at 5 am) so I didn't see anything. But, that allowed us to witness a beautiful sunrise, followed by lots of hills, and more hills, many deer standing in the wooded areas along side the road, and many homes I could never afford. We run from Barrington HS in Barrington, Illinois. Did 17.5 this morning.
                            Had some nice views of the Divide from this week's long run. Longs Peak and the Continental Divide from Lumpy Ridge. Rocky Mountain National Park, CO
                            JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Bobcats - I've got to start taking a camera along. Seen two now, and both have stood there and stared at me for a good minute or so. Plenty of time for picture taking.
                              DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Had some nice views of the Divide from this week's long run. Longs Peak and the Continental Divide from Lumpy Ridge. Rocky Mountain National Park, CO
                                Wow Chris...You're so luckeeeee...beautiful pic

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!