Running article in "local" newspaper (Read 1016 times)

De-slacking in progress

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks for sharing the link. That is definitely better than most running articles in the media.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I'm with you Meg. Nice article. Most of the time the only articles you see are that someone had a heart attack while running, reinforced by my non-running 'friends' and non running 'family' asking why I do it. It's nice to see someone out there understands what I can't adequately explain to anyone but othe runners.

Champions are made when no one is watching

DOUBLE POST ---- Hate it when this happens...... Confused Confused

kcam

Not bad. A subject covered by a reporter without an agenda, who'da thunk it was possible?
            Roses Revenge

Nice piece. My only complaint is the line about preparing to run a marathon in three to five hours. Some of us take much longer than that! The person who came in last in the first marathon I did took almost 11 hours, but she finished and she is a marathoner. My PR is 6:48 and I've knocked almost an hour off in the last two years. First one was 7:35 and I was thrilled to come in under 8 hours.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Nice piece. My only complaint is the line about preparing to run a marathon in three to five hours. Some of us take much longer than that! The person who came in last in the first marathon I did took almost 11 hours, but she finished and she is a marathoner. My PR is 6:48 and I've knocked almost an hour off in the last two years. First one was 7:35 and I was thrilled to come in under 8 hours.
                You have good points and you are correct in everything you say....we do normally think of 'most' marathons between 3 to 5 hrs, but there are people that do them slower........which definatly does NOT reduce the significance of their marathon........ Keep it up ---- you will break 6 Hrs soon.... Big grin

Nice! Always sweet to see running getting some coverage beyond the usual "bad for knees and heart attack alert" lol!

Old, Slow, Happy

It's nice to see good, positive coverage. Someone in your area understands running. Great article!