I ran over a 5 year old... (Read 1583 times)

I just hope it wasn't Alan's son, the teeball incident was traumatic enough. Clowning around
    Big grin

Bugs

You just know this kid will grow up to be one of those that say, "Running is not good for you. Hard on the knees."

Bugs

Prince of Fatness

I treat children the same way I treat drivers. I go under the assumption that they are going to hit me no matter what. It makes it easier to anticipate and avoid this sort of thing.
        +1 ... That's got to be Rule # 1

Not at it at all. 

Beatin' on the Rock

Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
          jamesatkinson

You shouldn't have tried to avoid him. Just run through him next time. The kid will be stronger for the experience and won't make the same mistake again.
            jamesatkinson

You shouldn't have tried to avoid him. Just run through him next time. The kid will be stronger for the experience and won't make the same mistake again.
                http://www.rocm.com/02x01x02.html teehee.
                That has some potential - at least in cooler weather: Put it on, add a length of tubing and run it down the inside of your tights and out by your shoe (use a piece of hanger or something to direct flow AWAY from foot.) I am only partially kidding.
                  SO what's the moral of the story?
                  You ever see a video of someone trying to karate chop a board, but they hesitate and end up hurting themselves? Heisman pose is for show, lower your shoulder and square up. Thats thats the moral.

Oh Mighty Wing

http://www.rocm.com/02x01x02.html teehee.
                    silly i always thought these were called bottles!! And where are the female ones of these!!
                      silly i always thought these were called bottles!! And where are the female ones of these!!
                      (I just came across this on boston tip forum on another site) I saw where someone was passing along tips for men for a portable port-a-john to carry along (a Gatorade bottle) . . . for those women out there (especially with small children) I discovered a baby's diaper works extremely well. . . they're so absorbant. Just hide it under your big trash bag and throw it in a small plastic bag and throw it away. I told my girlfriends about this and we were all peeing in diapers at the Gate River run last year. Can't believe I'm admitting this!
                      Scout7

And what is it with peeing before you run? Why is it I can go 50 times before I leave, but once I step out the door, I have to go again. Roll eyes
                        Because you're a woman. It's a well-established scientific fact that women's bladders shrink to the size of pea gravel the moment they close the door to the house. In the house, it expands to take up the space of your left leg. Ask Trent, he'll tell ya.
                          There is no way the random probability of a kid/dog/car suddenly veering off it's course to exactly intersect your course at precisely the moment you are there is anywhere near the actual number of times it happens while running. EXPECT to be a target of said kid/dog/car and you will live longer and avoid collateral damage from lightpoles. Wink It just proves the existence of God--and that He has a warped sense of humor... Big grin TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Giant Flaming Dork

It just proves the existence of God--and that He has a warped sense of humor... Big grin TC
                            I can just see it... <god> "Hey, watch this guy run into a lightpost" <random> "There's no way that guy could possibly runinto a lightpost." <god> "Hey, I'm God, I already know it's going to happen" BONK! <random> "Hey, that was funny! Can you do it again?"</random></god></random></god>

http://xkcd.com/621/