One minute walk breaks ? (Read 1760 times)

Believe it or not, I did not enter the race yet. I am going to play it by ear, and start doing everything I can to work it out, and hope for the best.
    Well that's a bird of a different color, if you haven't coughed up the (mildly ridonculous) race fee yet you have more options. Options are almost always good. You can continue training towards this one, knowing that you can cut it off without wasting an entry fee. They'll make other races, so with no pressing timetable there is no need to risk injury or make running a miserable endeavor. You can pick another race, adjust your time goal if you want and choose an appropriate training plan. I've often thought of the C25K as an overtraining prevention plan, as much as a training plan. I never extended the logic to first time half marathon plans, but it makes sense in that light now that I think about it. Too much too soon is bad at almost any experience level. Learning about yourself is one of the great benefits of running, and knowing when to beat yourself up or pat yourself on the back is part of that. Both can have their place, running or otherwise. Take a step back, celebrate your ten mile run, make a plan, then make your plan work. Simple, no? Keep us posted.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Thanks BadDawg. mta: I just checked you out. Love the dog !

- Anya