Hoka OneOne (Read 590 times)

According to this: https://www.roadtrailrun.com/2019/12/hoka-one-one-2020-previews-carbon-x-spe.html, August 2020.

Does anyone have any idea when the new Bondi's are coming out? I saw that the 7's will be out this year but no date.  Hoka has release dates for other models but I have not found the bondi release date yet.

From that site:

"Bondi 7 ($150)

The max cushion road Bondi has an open engineered mesh upper with a memory foam heel collar and TPU  3D print overlays, for more mid foot support. 
      Weight comes in at men's 10.7 oz / 303g, women's 8.9 oz / 252g, so a small drop in weight for the men's. Women's weights to be confirmed.  Releases August 2020 including in wide sizing."

I'm hoping that small drop in weight doesn't translate to any drop in cushioning.

Personal Records:

5K - 20:07 ran in September 2021 (The second half split during the 10K run listed below.)

10K - 41:10 ran in September 2021

8 miles - 56:15 ran in November 2021

Half Marathon - 1:39:06 ran in September 2020

@Jason; they have been losing their cushioning for years. There are shoes with more cushioning than the Bondi but half the stack height. I have no idea why they have so much stack height if it's not cushioned. For short people? Kinda wish they go back to their roots and offer some truly cushioned shoes again. At least they are offering shoes wide enough for normal feet now.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

@Jason; they have been losing their cushioning for years. There are shoes with more cushioning than the Bondi but half the stack height. I have no idea why they have so much stack height if it's not cushioned. For short people? Kinda wish they go back to their roots and offer some truly cushioned shoes again. At least they are offering shoes wide enough for normal feet now.

The lack of width (even in the wide size) in the toe-box area is a concern.  Especially with my left foot, I feel like this is affecting my big toe joint some.  My left and right feet are quite different.  I was thinking of trying the Brooks Ghost model because if offers an extra extra wide but then I read that it doesn't really have that much cushioning.

I’ve only known the Bondi 6 so I can’t compare it to previous iterations.  I need the cushioning and am contemplating buying another pair of the 6’s while I still can.  Until there are more reviews out there, it will be hard to know if the 7 has indeed cut back on the cushioning.

Personal Records:

5K - 20:07 ran in September 2021 (The second half split during the 10K run listed below.)

10K - 41:10 ran in September 2021

8 miles - 56:15 ran in November 2021

Half Marathon - 1:39:06 ran in September 2020

The lack of width (even in the wide size) in the toe-box area is a concern.  Especially with my left foot, I feel like this is affecting my big toe joint some.  My left and right feet are quite different.  I was thinking of trying the Brooks Ghost model because if offers an extra extra wide but then I read that it doesn't really have that much cushioning.

I’ve only known the Bondi 6 so I can’t compare it to previous iterations.  I need the cushioning and am contemplating buying another pair of the 6’s while I still can.  Until there are more reviews out there, it will be hard to know if the 7 has indeed cut back on the cushioning.

I've only tried one pair of Ghost, like model 7 or something. At the time, they were hard, heavy, and for some reason made my hips sore. They were supposed to be Brook's "cushioned" shoes. I retired them from running after 50-75 miles. The NEW models might be much better now that companies are going "soft" again because of the VaporFly. I'm currently sold on Skechers, partly because there's an outlet near my house and I often get their current $100-140 shoes for $30-40, but also they work for me. I migrated there from Hoka when Hoka's started getting un-cushioned. I still wear the Challengers and am thinking of getting Bondi or Stinson again as sort of orthopedic shoes when I want to rest my achilles or have a bout of PF. I've tried them on in the last year and they still aren't as cushioned as I'd like, but the stiffness and rocker sole are a change-up that alleviates some stress on the Plantar/achilles/calf mechanism for me. I'm curious about NB Beacon and Nike Pegasus.

Most NB shoes come in widths, so people with unusual feet often are left with them as the only choice. Hoka now offers "wide" widths in some models, that might be worth trying.

I think if I had a foot that was wider than the other, I'd try a thicker or double sock on the smaller foot. Or maybe an extra flat insole (like those cheap Dr Scholl's) under the factory insole.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

August is too long to wait!!!!!! But excited to get the 6's at a reduced rate later in the year.  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Uh, WTF?

Hoka Tennine

I have ZERO idea what the purpose of the derriere on the Rehi and THIS shoe is for. Or the VaporFly for that matter. You never contact the ground with that butt.

H/O: Hoka One One Tennine

grapes

Uh, WTF?

Hoka Tennine

I have ZERO idea what the purpose of the derriere on the Rehi and THIS shoe is for. Or the VaporFly for that matter. You never contact the ground with that butt.

I guess you would on a steep downhill? Perhaps that's the idea here.

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

Uh, WTF?

Hoka Tennine

H/O: Hoka One One Tennine

it's the J-Lo of shoes!

Bridle Trails 50k 1-13-24 5:39

Cottontail 6 Hour 4-13-24

Cougar Long Series (May,June,July,Aug 2024)

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24 

I guess you would on a steep downhill? Perhaps that's the idea here.

Then stop and switch into flat land running shoes at the bottom? Then into hill climbing shoes when going up? 

grapes

Then stop and switch into flat land running shoes at the bottom? Then into hill climbing shoes when going up? 

Hey, you're the one who said you don't make ground contact with, um, all that junk in the trunk. So in theory that remains true on the flats or uphill, where the unpleasant-looking protrusion wouldn't affect your stride. Or something.

Hey, you're the one who said you don't make ground contact with, um, all that junk in the trunk. So in theory that remains true on the flats or uphill, where the unpleasant-looking protrusion wouldn't affect your stride. Or something.

it was sarcasm. I didn't put the sarcasm warning sticker on the post. But that sometimes gets confused with parody, which is often mistaken for irony. Either way, none of those things compute with people on the spectrum.

As for the Tennine; someone on the Hoka FB page pointed out that they are taking orders but the shoe will be released...April first!

I think it's an elaborate prank.