iPhone users (Read 1072 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What data plans do you use and why?

flovesparko

I use the $15 plan by ATT, one because they make you have some data plan and second just in case I can't find wifi.  I could live without a data plan.

12-week layoff

When I got an iphone eons ago, I got the only data plan available...the 30 buck unlimited data plan.  Now you can chose from two different plans at two price points, but the unlimited plan is no longer available to new users.  Thus, I keep it, because it's totally unavailable elsewhere!  And I have it!  And it costs more, and probably, I don't need that much data, but no one else can get it.  Na Na Na.

I also have the $30 unlimited plan.  I've actually recently been contemplating switching to the metered plans because of the lower cost.  Looks like I use about 1GB of data a month, mostly listening to Pandora.  Actually, looking at it now, it appears to be $25/2GB and $15/200MB.  Maybe I'll stay where I am. 

bhearn

When I got an iphone eons ago, I got the only data plan available...the 30 buck unlimited data plan.  Now you can chose from two different plans at two price points, but the unlimited plan is no longer available to new users.  Thus, I keep it, because it's totally unavailable elsewhere!  And I have it!  And it costs more, and probably, I don't need that much data, but no one else can get it.  Na Na Na.

Ditto. That, and I'm too lazy to change it. And I have the nagging feeling that someday, I may actually want to use that much data. On average, now, I could get by comfortably on the $15 plan.

Just a dude.

Another $30 unlimited user here...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

theyapper

On the road again...

Me, too.  $30 unlimited.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I look my best blurry!

$30 unlimited. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.

$30 unlimited.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hm.

These are the current data plans, per the website:

Data Plans
                      Data | 200MB | 2GB |  2GB + Tethering**   
                      Additional Data  |  $15 per 200MB  |  $10 per 1GB  |  $10 per 1GB   
                      Per Month  |  $15  |  $25  |  $45   

i.e., no $30 plan

http://static.ips.apple.com.edgekey.net/ipa_preauth/content/catalog/att

12-week layoff

Na Na Na Big grin

Matt_B

I fortunately have the unlimited. My wife has the $15 plan. She has wifi at work and doens't really stream Pandora or videos on the go as I do. If you have wifi in most areas you would use data, the $15 is fine.  With Pandora, Netflix, and Air Video apps, I use up to 5gb a month since I only have wifi at home.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've been wondering about the $15 option with Verizon, too.  I think it's fairly recent that they offered this.  At $30 there was no reason for me to go with a smart phone.

But my dumb phone is of less value than a plastic dog turd (at least those can serve use for pranks).  My Samsung Alias 2 is, by far, the worst phone I have ever owned (wanted a qwerty keyboard phone, but that e-ink set-up is less than ideal...keys randomly stop working or type each letter 2-3 times when pressed).  My previous phone was a Samsung and was the best phone.

I believe now that any "featured" phone (with a qwerty keyboard and potential to do some simple online browsing) carries a $10 data plan, so even if I went with another more standard phone like my current phone (and went Office Space on the current phone) we'd be paying $10.  Might as well pay an extra $5 for full smartphone capabilities.

I think the $15 plan would be sufficient for my needs.  I wouldn't likely do nearly the web browsing that DH does on his phone, since I'm close to my home computer most of the time (and so many places now have free wi-fi).  But it would be useful when we travel or if I'm out running errands and need to look something up or check/send e-mail.  I can't imagine that I'd go over the $15 allotted data with my expected usage.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

DW has t-mobile. Have to get her a smartphone for work. Suggests needed for a  t moblie phone. Any Blackberry users?

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I have the unlimited plan because it was all they offered two years ago. I'm keeping it because I sometimes go over the new low data usage plan and the high data plan is only a few dollars cheaper. Also, when a new phone or network comes out chances are data usage will skyrocket again. If I could stream 1080 video on my phone I probably would. 

Besides it's the data that is more important to me instead of the 80 minutes a month of call time I use that is costing me like $50.