Kinvaras for foot & leg strengthening (Read 2416 times)

drrbradford

ud32 - you have mail.

We need to keep it around to describe my intellect.

Thanks for this morning's laugh.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I don't think they'll work as flippahs.

keep pushin me....chump! springs comin.

carry on.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Pammie

I love mine Smile

certainly my fav shoe

GGW

Terrible shoes if you have Plantar Fasciitis...they do not "strengthen" feet and legs any more than traditional exercises do

ultramarathon/triathlete

I know nobody who transitioned to them.  They just put them on and ran.

Same here. I bought them, ran with them, and now use them for all runs under about 13 or so miles.  For further distance, I like the Asics DS trainer, though that's not really what you're asking for.

I haven't noticed any difference since I started running with the Kinvaras.  I mean, I like them and will buy them again, but I feel the same as I did pre-kinvara.  Though I did not buy them for any reason other than wanting to try a new shoe.

I have run in the vibram 5 fingers.  I own a pair but don't really care for them. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
              Gatorade Endurance Team

TRIing to beat the heat!

I've been training in the Kinvara since last July.  I can't really recall any transition period.  I'm not sure about the foot/leg strengthening either and honestly, I'm another one who is pretty much "over" the minimalist shoe movement.  I choose a shoe based on comfort (I like cushion) and then I just run... naturally.

I do know that I LOVE these particular shoes.  Aside from a pair of Brooks Inspire that I throw into the mix now and then, I pretty much do all of my training in the Kinvara (I have a pair of blue and a pair of pink).  I've done a few half marathons in them and some longer training runs as well.  For me, they are a very versatile and comfortable shoe.

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL