Longest wait for posting of race results...? (Read 822 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm getting impatient. The winners of both the 5k and 15k from yesterday crossed the finish lines over 24 hours ago, but results are still not posted. Tomorrow I leave on vacation for the week and would really like to be able to log my race before then... Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Still waiting...gah! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

I had to wait until Wednesday for a Saturday morning race a couple of weeks ago. I ended up just entering it based on my watch time cuz I was so impatient and then adjusting it later. It only ended up being off by about a second. Of course I thought I had squeaked in under 23 minutes and my final time was 23:00. Argh! In short, I feel your pain. Tongue

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's what I did...I entered my approx. time. Still waiting...I like how the results page says that results will be posted "shortly" after the race...bah. k

~ Sarah Kay

I finished a chip-timed 10k yesterday (there was a half and marathon going on at the same time). I finished, had my chip taken off me by a marshal, got a drink, banana and goodie bag, picked up my bag from storage and put some warm clothes on. And lo and behold there were the provisional results waiting including gun and chip times, place, gender place and category place. Certainly less than 15 mins after I’d finished. They were so organised!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, that's FAST! I ran a 10k last Summer that was like that...though the rest of the race organization was awful at that event. Yesterday was very well organized, aside from no mile markers (I thought I was running faster than I was and would have pushed harder had I known where I was from mile to mile. Poo). k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ack...STILL no results. Guess I will have to wait until I get back from my trip out-of-state through the end of the week. That stinks. Sad k

~ Sarah Kay

I hate that. The races I've done this year have been posted within hours. But if they took longer I would just log the run with a close guess and then fix it up later.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Burninated Peasant

I did a race last month that never did post anything online. They apparently published the results in that town's weekly paper 2.5 weeks after the race, but not on the paper's website. I won't be going to that run again.

Now that was a bath...

I waited 11 weeks for the result of my first and only race in January! I learned the virtues of patience and harassing people by email. Claire xxx
                    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I did a race last month that never did post anything online. They apparently published the results in that town's weekly paper 2.5 weeks after the race, but not on the paper's website. I won't be going to that run again.
                        Yeah, I'm wondering if this will be the case. The race is sponsored by a regional newspaper, too: Chronicle Seaway Run 8 days and still no results. Last year I could have sworn that I had the results in 24 hours or so. As nice as the course is, I'm becoming more and more disenchanted by the event. No apparent mile markers, delayed results. I'm not sure I will do it next year. Sad, since my very first race was the 5k and the miles were marked on that course so well last year, IIRC. Now it's probably too late to get a copy of last week's paper that published the results, too, and they don't appear to be anywhere on the paper's online version. Claire, that 11 weeks thing still blows my mind. k

~ Sarah Kay

I would imagine that they have a department that can get you a reprint of the results (assuming they were actually published in the paper). They may not have any paper copies laying around, but they will surely be able to a reprint, albeit for a fee. Having said that, it is pretty piss-poor that they haven't published the results online yet.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Found your results here!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Found your results here!
                              Hey, you rock! I kept trying to find it on Active.com's site, but I think I was looking in the wrong place. And, hey, I wasn't even last for my AG! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey, you rock!
                                You are correct. I do indeed rock. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.