More Science of Sport discussion on barefoot running (Read 2796 times)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Easy,

I couldn't find the "documentation" on this. Can you provide a pointer?

ChiRunning, POSE Running, Evolution Running are all based upon Jack Daniels barf that 180 steps per minute is optimum gait turnover rates

http://jap.physiology.org/content/89/5/1991.short

And even with the POSE creator teaching the test group, couldn't improve his group to be a better runner

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16195026?ordinalpos=374&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Especially since ChiRunner's "creator" uses the cheetah as a running model. Sad fact for him and his followers, he doesn't know how a cat runs.

I do.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

"Cultures" that blah blah blah NEVER tear an ACL. Ever.

http://www.ajol.info/index.php/eaoj/article/viewFile/49451/35784

I would like to learn that 180 degree manuever for the next spinathalon I have to do...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Easy,

ChiRunning, POSE Running, Evolution Running are all based upon Jack Daniels barf that 180 steps per minute is optimum gait turnover rates

http://jap.physiology.org/content/89/5/1991.short

And even with the POSE creator teaching the test group, couldn't improve his group to be a better runner

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16195026?ordinalpos=374&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Especially since ChiRunner's "creator" uses the cheetah as a running model. Sad fact for him and his followers, he doesn't know how a cat runs.

I do.

Okay, I just glanced a the first reference, and it seems to only focus on top running speed.  

We conclude that human runners reach faster top speeds not by repositioning their limbs more rapidly in the air, but by applying greater support forces to the ground.

Most distance runners aren't that concerned about their top running speed. They're concerned about how fast they can run a distance race --- that's usually over a mile long. Can you explain how you think top running speed and distance running are related?  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

How many seals does it take to beat two cheetahs?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

How many seals does it take to beat two cheetahs?

Three of a kind seals always beat a pair of cheetahs. 

HermosaBoy

Big grin

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Then they're not very good cheetahs, are they.

chester

Midfoot striker.

And ALWAYS shod.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                  We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

somehow this thread reminded me of this bit:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ImprovEverywhere&annotation_id=annotation_652916&feature=iv

Maybe it was all the animals.  Maybe it was just the stupidity of it.  Maybe it's because when I first saw it I thought for sure Nader was the jockey. 

Then they're not very good cheetahs, are they.

... but it only takes a single club to beat the seals.  Surprised

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... but it only takes a single club to beat the seals.  Surprised

Ouch.

Ouch. ouch. ouch.

But the animal race video above was pretty cute, to compensate.

sj, what percentage of major races are won by people running barefoot?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

All major seal races are won by seals running flapperfoot.

* Except for the ones with no winner, when the killer whales showed up.

xor

Its your quote, not mine. Scroll up a few of your comments and you might remind yourself to you own words....

Especially since ACL's are torque load injuries, and I teach athletes how to execute a 180 degree directional change with no measurable torque to their knees at all...

I will type slowly now, maybe that will help.

Go back to page 5.

I posted that Navy Seals did not inform my training.  The "rat fart" comment.

In your next post, you wrote:

>> Cultures that have never worn shoes don't tear their ACL's like a pathetic fool like you

Now that I've reminded you of your words, could you please show or tell me where the heck you got that from??

SRL,

I cannot speak for Robert "Sandy" Snakenberg but I don't believe he meant any insult to you specifically.  He was likely refering to all of us as pathetic fools who tear our ACL because we wore shoes the minute we came out of the womb.  So it was probably more like a god speaking from Olympus refering to pathetic mortals.  Alas, no insult intended.