What new gear did you get for Christmas? (Read 1613 times)

I look my best blurry!

You should just buy your own, then.  Mine has been missing ever since Vegas, so I ordered a new one and also ordered one for my hubby.  He often rides alone with no ID--I don't really like that.

Nah!  I like to get lost anyway.  

Trent- Don't give dreamless any ideas.  He might give me away.  He might be tired of being my sponsor!!!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I got a Road ID badge from my family with DNR on it.

It does seem a little freaky for someone to give you a DNR badge.  Seems like something one gets for oneself.

MTA: Yeah, I get the Real sentiment, though.

MrH

I don't believe you but it was a clever post anyway.  Lol!  My husband talks about getting me one but he never has.  Maybe he doesn't want me back if something should happen.  Hmmm.....  

DNR could just mean Do Not Return. Smile

My teenage son suggested the tag simply said "Sell organs to highest bidder". I don't know where he gets it from.

I did also get some nighttime running visibility gadgets, and a couple of books by Matt Fitzgerald. 'Racing Weight' and 'RUN: The Mind-Body Method of Running by Feel'.

And a lot of chocolate and wine. 

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

SMART Approach

.......... My hubby also is cancer-free (after being diagnosed with a melanoma on his forearm last Spring and losing a hunk of skin and a lymph node in his armpit).  I really scored this year! Big grin

That is an awesome gift in its own right! Congrats! I know how being cancer free feels!!!! Yipee!!!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is an awesome gift in its own right! Congrats! I know how being cancer free feels!!!! Yipee!!!

Yup...definitely the best gift of the year.  All the rest of it would be of no value without him around.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...books by Matt Fitzgerald. 'Racing Weight'...And a lot of chocolate and wine. 

Evil

~ Sarah Kay

MrH

Evil

Yeah ... that's my family. Big grin

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah ... that's my family. Big grin

Are we related...? Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Garmin 310X. 

Lululemon top (bought for myself)

Philadelphia Eagles earband (from Mississippi (the poster, not the state)

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

A Saucy Wench

A wine refrigerator.   What?  It's good for my running.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Slice

Kunland- pic of vest?  Sounds nice!  I'm waiting for some Asics hot pink Speedstars to come in.  They might go well together.  Valentines' Day isn't far away.

Here's the vest, I'm too lazy for actual pictures. I think SRL needs one...

WBR - I love the jacket, it's too cute!

Zoom - you win in the best Christmas category, hands down!

My favorite was today's run: Big fat, fluffy snowflakes and helping a sweet little old lady who stopped her car to ask for directions. She had gotten turned around and was driving aimlessly.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Some Nike Frees (bought them myself actually) and the fastest run (unintentionally) of the year on my 4 mile route.  Christmas magic!

Also reflective Nathan arm sleeves but didn't use them today.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

flyingmonkey

Trent!!

Modified to explain:  My sister, who knows nothing about THE Flying Monkey, gave this to me.  (I don't' know a lot about it either, but hope to learn someday.)

Imminent Catastrophe

I put a dollar in the coke machine, and it gave me two diet cokes instead of one.

You know what's gonna happen to you? 
                               You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

drrbradford

Arm warmers with thumb holes. Fame-tastic.