Friendly reminder -- logs and profiles (Read 1593 times)

Feeling the growl again

I tried, but I found it just too time-consuming. To enter in the things I normally track and describe in workouts took several times as long as the ol' legal pad method I've been using for years. I think I'll stay low-tech on this one Sad It IS a good log though!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I keep a log on a calendar, and also enter my mileage and time on RA. It takes, what, 20 seconds? Then I have a cool graph and info that everyone can see when I ask a question. Doesn't seem like too much trouble to me. Teresa

Just Be

Hey guys, If you haven't done so already, please fill out your profile and make your log public. One, it's nice to know who you are talking to ... two, it's hard to answer questions without seeing logs. Thanks!
        When are you gonna tell me if you want to meet up at any local races? Wink
        obiebyke

I'd never tried to back up my log to my computer before, so I did a trial run. It's under tools, and if you do "delimited," it's really easy. It'll download as a .zip file. Double click on that, and it unzips. Then go to Excel and open the file. It'll see it as a delimited file. Just keep pressing "next" and soon you'll be looking at a spreadsheet of your data. Try it!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Out of curiosity ... why not give it a try? You'll find the pretty, shiny colored bars can be very addicting. Join us. Come over to the dark side ...
            Yup. In the summer, I'll be dripping sweat, gasping for air, and banging away on the laptop's keyboard. The only thing I do before logging the run is swill down water. If you have friends on the board, it's nice to browse their logs and send snarky emails like "dude, are you still alive?" Then you check their log the next day and see that you've guilted them into a really big shiny colored bar.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

When are you gonna tell me if you want to meet up at any local races? Wink
              Ha, you'll humiliate me!
              2009: BQ?

Just Be

Ha, you'll humiliate me!
                Aww, I won't want to make you feel bad, I just think it'll be cool to meet someone from the forums! Cool I can pace with you in a race if you want, or be a rabbit to help you set a new PR, or whatever you'd prefer. Big grin EDIT: I haven't thought about many upcoming races. I've run the Police Pace 5k in the past, so I'll most likely run that again this year. Last time I paced with one of my high school math teachers that I ran into on the course, so racing it is not that big of a deal to me. Smile I know that the Howard County Striders has a lot of races planned between now and then (Police Pace is usually held in October at Centennial Park in Howard County) and I might participate in a few of them if I can find someone to go with me, but for some reason I'm not very motivated to run in races unless I know someone else who's running.

#artbydmcbride

But if I make my profile and log public, you'll all sneer and look down on me and ignore anything I post. Sad Not that that would be a change anyway. Big grin

Runners run

obiebyke

No sneering here. Very impressive mileage! And certainly faster than I am. I don't see RA as a very competitive place. At least, not with other people. Certainly with yourself.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Hey, my public log makes EVERYONE look good. It's my patented "run, get shin splints before you make it a mile, do toe taps for a week, repeat" method and it has been working GREAT for me. Clowning around
                      I wish my lawn was emo...
                      Scout7

But if I make my profile and log public, you'll all sneer and look down on me and ignore anything I post. Sad Not that that would be a change anyway. Big grin
                        You have a log?

#artbydmcbride

grrrrrrr

Runners run

Scout7

grrrrrrr
                            Tiger fast. Toight like a toiger.

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

Beatin' on the Rock

You're also missing out on the joy of hiding snarky comments in your workouts, knowing certain people will peek. It's an underrated joy.
                                How do I DO that???
                                Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.