Soda pops affect on running (Read 1112 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Blue = "pop", Greenish = "soda", Red = "Coke". I personally also take "pop" equals midwestern attitude, "coke" equals southern attitude, "soda" equals east and west coast obnoxiousness.
      \ It's the only version of the map I could find with a quick google search. Blue = "pop", Greenish = "soda", Red = "Coke". I personally also take "pop" equals midwestern attitude, "coke" equals southern attitude, "soda" equals east and west coast obnoxiousness. Nothing like gross generalization huh Smile
      So, just for kicks, explian to me why midwestern and southern get to be "attitudes" and east and west coast get to be "obnoxiousness." Tongue (My profile might say Iowa but it was CT originally...) and yes...I call it soda. 4 years in Iowa has not made it pop.
      Heroes never die. They just reload.
      mikeymike

Pop = midwestern friendliness, reminds you of your grandfather. Soda = the generic term for carbonated and sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages. Coke = southern tendency toward consumer product brand loyalty as a result of NASCAR affiliated idolatry and brainwashing. To the OP's question, I sometimes find carbonated beverages cause gushy tummy when running. That's no good when you're runnin' along, miles from a friendly toilet.

Runners run

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

You'll be fine. I drank 2 to 3 liters of Diet Coke every day for the first six months of my running.
          Really?? Shocked Shocked Wow, Bonkin!
          "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
            It makes my shoes sticky.
              The only time I really drink Coke is following a long, hard run in the hot summer sun. Nothing better. Except maybe beer. Belay that. Beer rules.
                Really?? Shocked Shocked Wow, Bonkin!
                Yep. And for 14 or 15 years before that. I have maybe one can every two or three weeks now.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Currently I only drink water; pretty much all day. I have been doing that for the last several years. From April to June 2005, however, I drank soda/pop/coke (I worked on a project where it was free.) My weight started to go up, so I stopped. Race times did not slow down, but I think they would have if I did not switch back to water.

uncontrollable

I am a Sprite lover. I am & always try to cut back. I really love it. I am down to 1 can a day. Not too bad.

peace

run4fun8910

thanks for all of your feed back.
                      Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
                        I am a Sprite lover. I am & always try to cut back. I really love it. I am down to 1 can a day. Not too bad.
                        I've recently started with a Sprite addiction. I even bought a case to keep in the fridge here at work. Blush

Michelle

I've switched to diet coke (yep, all soft drinks are "coke" down here too) recently. Not sure if it's any better for me.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

So, just for kicks, explian to me why midwestern and southern get to be "attitudes" and east and west coast get to be "obnoxiousness." Tongue (My profile might say Iowa but it was CT originally...) and yes...I call it soda. 4 years in Iowa has not made it pop.
                            Oh Daisy...does "obnoxious attitude" make it hurt any less Smile I am sure that you are the exception to the rule. Merely a joke, merely a joke.
                            JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Yep. And for 14 or 15 years before that. I have maybe one can every two or three weeks now.
                              Whoa. Good cut down. Smile
                              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                                Oh Daisy...does "obnoxious attitude" make it hurt any less Smile I am sure that you are the exception to the rule. Merely a joke, merely a joke.
                                Oh no it's ok! I wasn't trying to be any more serious than you were! Thanks for the correction Tongue
                                Heroes never die. They just reload.