Training Plan Editor (Read 5143 times)

Eric, my training plan has three different types of entries: Run, Weights and Therapy (trigger-point stuff).  I've noticed that when I go to enter the Weights or Therapy workouts and merely input the time, the system creates a new entry rather than converting my planned workout to a completed workout.  E.g. I'd have the Weights workout still hanging there, undone, while there's a second Weights entry that reflects what I just entered.  I've tried deliberately hitting the drop-down and choosing Weights, but to no avail.  A lot of the time, I'm entering these after midnight, but even trying to input them same-day sometimes works and sometimes fails.  Oddly, the Run entries ALWAYS convert from planned to completed.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Looks like you did something that fixed the issue I mentioned. Thanks!

Jimmy-RxP

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the quick reply in the other thread.  Unfortunately, what I was talking about is not addressed in this thread.

When creating a trainig plan, there is no way to edit the workout details.  The only options available are:

Edit Details

Activity type: <input id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_SiteContent_PageContent_TrainingLogContent_m_aerobicActivityTypes_t" type="text" name="ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$SiteContent$PageContent$TrainingLogContent$m_aerobicActivityTypes_t" value="Run" maxlength="32" /><input id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_SiteContent_PageContent_TrainingLogContent_m_aerobicActivityTypes_v" type="hidden" name="ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$SiteContent$PageContent$TrainingLogContent$m_aerobicActivityTypes_v" value="10" />

Workout type: <input id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_SiteContent_PageContent_TrainingLogContent_m_aerobicWorkoutTypes_t" type="text" name="ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$SiteContent$PageContent$TrainingLogContent$m_aerobicWorkoutTypes_t" value="Hill" maxlength="32" /><input id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_SiteContent_PageContent_TrainingLogContent_m_aerobicWorkoutTypes_v" type="hidden" name="ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$SiteContent$PageContent$TrainingLogContent$m_aerobicWorkoutTypes_v" value="2" />

Distance: <input id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_SiteContent_PageContent_TrainingLogContent_m_aerobicDistance" style="color: #c0c0c0;" type="text" name="ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$SiteContent$PageContent$TrainingLogContent$m_aerobicDistance" value="0.0" size="3" maxlength="6" /> <select> <option selected="selected" value="0" />km <option value="1" />mi <option value="2" />m <option value="3" />yd</select>

Duration: <input id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_SiteContent_PageContent_TrainingLogContent_m_aerobicDuration" style="color: #c0c0c0;" type="text" name="ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$SiteContent$PageContent$TrainingLogContent$m_aerobicDuration" value="h:mm:ss.xx" size="10" maxlength="12" />

Notes:

<textarea>N side of Tempe Town Lake</textarea>

500 characters remaining

Save

...and when I go to my calendar to edit the details of individual workouts in the Plan, the editor tells me "Date cannot be in the future."

So I'm not sure what you meant by pointing me to this other forum topic...

Black-Toe-Nailed

One useful (IMHO) feature for future versions: Duplicate whole training plans.

It would this way be possible to plan a whole year in advance (if you do 18 week plans like me, for instance)

Regards,

Enric

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
          then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
          I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

eric :)

Enric,

You can duplicate a training plan by pressing the Copy button on the view training plan page.

I'm having an issue with a new training plan... I copied my original plan (15 weeks or so) but my next race is more than 15 weeks out.  So I started filling out the rest of December and saved, etc.  Now that I have completed a few workouts, when I try to go in and fill out the calendar for January nothing works.  I cant copy a week, move a workout, or enter a new workout..  Is this because some of the workouts in the plan are complete or is it my PC?

Firefox 8.0.1

Win7 Pro, 32 bit

mcrunner262,

I am unable to reproduce your problem.  Are you able to drag a new workout onto the calendar?  Can you click on a non-completed workout to edit it?  By the way, completed workouts cannot be moved or edited, but you can copy the week containing completed workouts to another week.

mcrunner262,

I am unable to reproduce your problem.  Are you able to drag a new workout onto the calendar?  Can you click on a non-completed workout to edit it?  By the way, completed workouts cannot be moved or edited, but you can copy the week containing completed workouts to another week.

It looks like I can click an entry to edit.  I didn't save and return to the plan to verify, but the view updated.  I am still unable to drag a new workout onto the calendar or move scheduled workouts (when I move a scheduled workout it disappears entirely.)

it also appears I cannot create a new plan.  I get to the first scree, name the plan and set the dates, but cannot enter any workouts or save.

Matt

Matt,

Can you do the following for me?

1. Press Ctrl-Shift-J to bring up the Error Console

2. Click the Clear button to remove all errors and warnings

3. Go to the training plan editor

4. Copy and paste any errors you see in the Error Console

Matt,

Can you do the following for me?

1. Press Ctrl-Shift-J to bring up the Error Console

2. Click the Clear button to remove all errors and warnings

3. Go to the training plan editor

4. Copy and paste any errors you see in the Error Console

I think these are the relevant warnings when I load up the editor page(s)

Warning: Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead.
                      Source File: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/6732ac9cd35d4554ab571fecb67d0397/plans/b2e9b186e0134c93a8c5b2429bff58af
                      Line: 0

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped.
                      Source File: http://www.runningahead.com/themes/default/styles.css?v=AB9E0
                      Line: 838

Warning: Unknown property 'user-select'.  Declaration dropped.
                      Source File: http://www.runningahead.com/themes/default/training_plan.css?v=AB9E0
                      Line: 7

Warning: Expected color but found 'default'.  Error in parsing value for 'color'.  Declaration dropped.
                      Source File: http://www.runningahead.com/themes/default/log.css?v=AB9E0
                      Line: 656

Warning: Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead.
                      Source File: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/6732ac9cd35d4554ab571fecb67d0397/plans/b2e9b186e0134c93a8c5b2429bff58af/edit
                      Line: 0

EDIT:

I was able to make some changes using a different PC.  My laptop applied some windows updates this morning, could something in the update be causing the issue?

At this time, I believe there's something going on with your computer since I cannot reproduce the problem on my systems.  The  warnings you provided are innocuous and do not explain the problem.  Can you try using IE on the problem computer and see if that makes a difference?

At this time, I believe there's something going on with your computer since I cannot reproduce the problem on my systems.  The  warnings you provided are innocuous and do not explain the problem.  Can you try using IE on the problem computer and see if that makes a difference?

Sorry I missed this over the weekend.  IE didnt work on that machine.  When I shut it down today it installed more updates.  I can try tomorrow and see if it is still behaving stragely.

Matt

Any way of "inactivating" a training plan?

I've made two alternative plans, one of which I'll be following.  I don't want to delete the other one, as I may use it again in the future but currently they both show on my calendar.

Obviously I could shift the date on the one I'm not following, but some option to "show on calendar" would be tidier.

Thanks.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Any way of "inactivating" a training plan?

I've made two alternative plans, one of which I'll be following.  I don't want to delete the other one, as I may use it again in the future but currently they both show on my calendar.

Obviously I could shift the date on the one I'm not following, but some option to "show on calendar" would be tidier.

Thanks.

+1.

I just copied and changed the the dates.Could not change the start date is why i copied plan.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

is it possible to creat a training plan with workout interval detail?  For example, I've done 10x400 intervals in the past and would like to copy the past entry into a future training plan so that I don't have to enter as much interval data?  This would avoid having to creating 10 intervals with the distance each time I do the interval workout and only have to adjust the time (from the old workout copied forward to the new time, whatever it turns out to be).  hope this makes sense