Cowtown Countdown (Read 1083 times)

Len

Damn Yankee

Back in September I had contemplated running my first marathon in Fort Worth at Cowtown, but it isn't going to happen this time. A couple years ago I enjoyed a compound fracture of my right tibia, and I am still struggling with some effects from that injury. However, I am confident that I can complete the half, and am about to mail my entry. Reading over recent posts, it appears there are several people here that will be running on Feb 23. I hope to break 2:00 in my inaugural half marathon, maybe I'll be able to hang with Modal.... Who else is running what, and what are your goals?

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

I'm in for the full. I'm planning to break 4:00.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Right now, I'm planning on doing the half. My goal is to knock about 12 minutes off, putting me in at about 2:15.
        Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!

Burninated Peasant

I'll be running one or the other. Hopefully the full, but it depends how quickly I recover from White Rock (and how much training time I miss due to vacations, birthdays, and illness over the next couple months). If I run the full, I guess I'll be shooting for 3:40. If I do the half, I'll be looking for 1:30.
            Dude (or Dudette just incase your a lady), you are running 5km in under 7 min/mile. I don’t think you need me as a handicap! Big grin ----------------------------------------------------------------- Last year, I experienced Cowtown racing for the first time with a 10km, so I’ll probably knock it up a notch and sign up for the half marathon. Monday, I seriously thought about the Marathon, but my enthusiasm has dropped. Black eye Half Marathon: 1 Under 2 hours 2 at a pace of 8:30 min/mile or less 3 Accidentally take the wrong turn and start progress on my first Marathon! Marathon (I'll be breaking out the champagne!) 1 Complete it 2 Complete it running the whole time 3 4:30 4 4:15 5 4:00 6 3:50 7 Somehow by some act of God qualify for Boston for my Age Bracket 8 Qualify for the ultra elite Kenya running club 10K 1 GET UNDER 50!! Like 47 or 48 something!

Vim

So run the HM at Cowtown and train for the full for White Rock. I'm not letting you off the hook this year. MTA: I just registered. No turning back now. Big grin

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

va

Modal, I like your marathon fallback goals. You can't go wrong! With regards to running a marathon, from the Spirit of the Marathon trailer... “When you cross that finish line, no matter how slow, no matter how fast, it will change your life forever.” – Dick Beardsley

Another Passion

Modal, too bad we aren't in closer proximity... we have, I think, a lot of the same abilities and goals and would train well together.

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Another Passion

Va, thanks for the clip, very cool. Is that movie out/coming out?

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Len

Damn Yankee

For what it's worth, I'm a dude (except on weekends during leap year Tongue). Running a 7ish mpm 5k is a far cry from a 2:00 half. McMillan says my most recent 5k should translate into a 1:43 half but I do not have the distance base to reasonably expect that. I'm actually shooting for the Cowtown half/ White Rock full you're contemplating; I just dread training for a marathon through August and September.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

va

Va, thanks for the clip, very cool. Is that movie out/coming out?
                        Their "Fall Update" on the site says: "Once we have our world premier in Chicago, we will be solidifying agreements with distribution partners, formulating the best theatrical release plan, and bringing “Spirit of the Marathon” to a city near you. We will also be submitting the film to more festivals around the US and abroad."
                          I signed up for the Marathon. Undecided ---> Big grin

Vim

va

I signed up for the Marathon. Undecided ---> Big grin
                            Which one?
                              Which one?
                              I signed up for the ultra full half marathon.

Vim

va

I signed up for the ultra full half marathon.
                                Sorry, I meant Cowtown or White Rock...