I've lost my superpowers (Read 559 times)

Marquess of Utopia

My Wife got sick 1 week ago Monday she was in the hospital for 18 hours for observation because of the fever and she is 38 weeks pregnant. She was released with a slight fever that lasted another 2 more days. She fine now! Big grin I started to feel under the weather Tuesday night. Wednesday I went for an easy run, then slept 10 hours that night. Thursday I felt good, so I ran hill (hard but not all out). Than it really hit me; like a bus! Fever about 102, cold chills, aches, some congestion. I usually get a little bug for 24 hours every year or so; but this continued for three and a half days. I slept about 18 hours a day I've never been this sick in my life. I think it was the real FLU http://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms.htm I felt fine Monday, but I took another day off from running to be safe. Yesterday, I was busting with energy just bouncing off the walls to go for a run, but when I went out for a run and I was gassed. Running at a 7min mile pace felt like a 6mm. I felt like I hadn't run for months. I lost my superpowers!!! How long will it take to return to normal?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've had the full blown flu once since running (about a year ago). Kicked my ass for probably 2 weeks (well, I also ended up with a bad sinus infection once the flu left town). I think you could expect at least 10 days before your powers return. The flu is serious business. Hope your wife and baby are doing well. Get your rest now...once bebe is here sleep will be a thing of the past for...ah...a long time (to put it mildly).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay