More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

Old, Slow, Happy

3 miles at -4 this morning.  I've ran in cold weather before, but this is the first time I experienced frozen eyelashes.

Way to go Mateo!!  I went 5 on Sunday morning @ 5:30.  It was -3 here.  Your wimpy brother ran inside.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

New personal record for me today, -14 degrees (-30 windchill) and 8 miles.  In all honesty I can't really tell the difference between that and 0 degrees.  Other than it took longer for my hands to warm up, and my feet never did warm up at all.

Leah, mother of dogs

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow. Smile

joescott

Wow also. 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

seanster

ME

Not a long run, but didn't need much here in Delaware today.

3.1 Miles @ 2 degrees (-18 windchill)

§ SIGNATURE§

xhristopher

Negative 2 this morning. I didn't run. Still counts, right?

joescott

Negative 2 this morning. I didn't run. Still counts, right?

Booooo!!!! 

- Joe

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

-3 degrees, 8 miles.  Spring is in the air!

Leah, mother of dogs

mnyce Yay, frozen eyelashes! LOL These are my frozen eyelashes this morning. 

Frozen Eyelashes

NikoRosa OMG! Wow

For me today, 5 miles in -1 degrees. Gorgeous sunny day!

I have a few more cold weather running tips that work for me:

• I always wear silk glove liners under my mittens. They give me extra warmth and I can pull off the mittens if I get too warm, but I still have some coverage over my hands.
                    • I cut the thigh portion out of a warm pair of tights, then pull those on under my running tights for an extra layer over my thighs (an area that seems to get very cold for me).
                    • I wear a face mask under my balaclava, which I wear loosely. This keeps the super cold air out of my lungs (my lungs get irritated in very cold weather..mild asthma).

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

joescott

Nice eyelashes!!  2 or 3 weeks ago during our last little cold snap I had the eyelashes on the edge of one of my eyes freeze to my cheek (or freeze shut on the edge -- felt like they were frozen to my cheekbone).  Never had that happen before!  Barely didn't make the club today, but I have a bad feeling I will make it tomorrow....

- Joe

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I've had frozen tears in the corners of my eyes.  Is it possible for eyes to get frostbite?  I wear safety glasses when I can, but often they fog up so much that I have to take them off.

8F this morning = more miles than I allow time for, but the forecast is for 5F tomorrow morning.

Frost bitten eyes, i'm not sure about. One thing i do know is some shit called Cat Crap. It's an ANTI-FOGGING gel that you can get from, Amazon, REI, EMS or any local outdoors shop. It's ONLY 6 bucks, try ot out.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I've never had any problem with my eyeballs freezing lol.  I wear contacts, maybe that helps.

This was from my -14 day.

Leah, mother of dogs

NikoRosa That is just amazing! I cant believe you went out in such cold temps.  **High Fives**

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Thanks!  My husband says I'm stupidly stubborn.  He's at least half right.

Today was -4, ran 6 miles.  I looked at the weather forecast and almost had an orgasm when I saw it is supposed to be above freezing on Sunday.

Leah, mother of dogs