What ever happened to COOLRUNNING afterall? (Read 2434 times)

jorgecrespo

That's pretty much it. I used to go there, and then, one day, after a month of absence, it was empty. What happened?
      It tried to get off the island. Jack and Locke got into a big fight and Sawyer snuck off with Kate. Oh, and Hurley started running. Lost a buncha weight. Seriously? It seemed to have "gone corporate" to "improve the product" but somehow "quality is job one" and "the customer is always right" did not factor into the "synergy." This has become a happy home for many. I only wish I had found this place first.
        This has become a happy home for many. I only wish I had found this place first.
        Better late than never. With the exception of those that lost their logs, it seems to have worked out pretty well for RA natives and imports alike. CR's loss was RA's gain as far as I'm concerned.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Kings Canyon NP 07'

Better late than never. With the exception of those that lost their logs, it seems to have worked out pretty well for RA natives and imports alike. CR's loss was RA's gain as far as I'm concerned.
          Agreed. If only I had my coolrunning log for the past three years.

left-right-left-right-repeat

It tried to get off the island. Jack and Locke got into a big fight and Sawyer snuck off with Kate. Oh, and Hurley started running. Lost a buncha weight. Seriously? It seemed to have "gone corporate" to "improve the product" but somehow "quality is job one" and "the customer is always right" did not factor into the "synergy." This has become a happy home for many. I only wish I had found this place first.
            That reminds me, is there a user group for LOST fans?? If so, I need to join this.
            jorgecrespo

Hehe, i'm also a LOST-head... is there a group? It seems like RA is "the others", and now we're living happily with them and their book clubs and stuff...

Bugs

I go back to CR now and then, it is a ghost town and each time I go back I think "they have not fixed the reply to login yet". Amazing.

Bugs

jfa

There's alot of people who are here because of the C25k plan.I'm one of them but this is a much better site Smile

The fact that some lost their logs when CR moved vindicates my decision to not keep a log. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it... Big grin ) TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

andyndallas

This place is like Coolrunning was before it changed. I was a very active member there when training for my first marathon in 1999. There were some great people on there. When I went back last year, the place had the new format and I could not find anyone, or my way around.
                      ...and miles to go before I sleep
                        Hehe, i'm also a LOST-head... is there a group? It seems like RA is "the others", and now we're living happily with them and their book clubs and stuff...
                        Yeah that is a great show. I didn't find a group so I created this one http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Lost Haven't started a thread yet...
                          I just dropped in over at CR to check it out and it's pretty much dead in the water over there. The Newbie section is mostly weekly running groups and all but two of the Basic Training posts are more than a day old. It's a shame that such a useful and active forum was screwed up so bad that it drove everyone away. Let's hear it for ACTIVE! Tom

Outside Lane

I can no longer log in there.....they email a new password which doesn't allow me login.....endless loop of futility. There really is no reason to login there anyway. I have a new running log home here and I am happy. Thanks to Eric for providing a wonderful log. The feedback here (and my HM training program) has encouraged me to take on a greater variety of runs - and I feel like I am progressing. Thanks to all!

See how they run...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can no longer log in there.....they email a new password which doesn't allow me login.....endless loop of futility.
                              I ran into that while trying to set up an account for race registrations. I could swear I already set up an account to do this, but kept doing the loop on me, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I ran into that while trying to set up an account for race registrations. I could swear I already set up an account to do this, but kept doing the loop on me, too.
                                They just sent me my "new" password and login along with some "display name" that I'd never even heard of "IceBlaster 123" or some ridiculous thing. If Active bought CoolRunning to kill it, then they succeeded. Otherwise, I don't have the faintest idea what the goal was. The only time I've posted there in the last 3 months was to help someone find Tchuck (who's here now). I like it here, but the old CoolRunning was unique. So far, I haven't seen nutty Richard99 with his bombast and super-flawed "powerrunning" theories or jingchunyu and his crazy question of the week (e.g. should I run with my race medals on?). No MaryT or Fredurie. Not much in the way of race reports (or am I missing them). And with the low heart rate folks safely compartmentalized in their own user group, there are fewer discussions about it. On the other hand, here I get to pay tribute to the great Cheesy.