Help! I get tired after running for 1 hr and am Down next day. I am new and my speed is 3.2 (Read 115 times)

rikokanan

Hi,

I am getting very tired especially a day after running .

I am a newbie and my speed is also not that great.

Any advise is much appreciated

Thanks

Rico

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Cut back to 30 minutes and consider including some short walk breaks.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

SMART Approach

Your ability to get better as a runner and stay injury free is based on your recovery plan. It appears you are breaking down faster than you are recovering. Training runs should not lay you up and caused prolonged fatigue.  Either each of your runs are too much stress or you have accumulated stress/fatigue. Just walk for next 3 days and then scale back your plan. If a newbie, it is a 4-6 month process of adaptation. You can't rush it. PM or email me if you have specific question. smartapproachtraining@gmail.com Happy to send you a beginner running plan as well no charge.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

BoutWorkout

Have breaks, no one expects you to run continuously for a long period of time.

PDoe

Starting out at an hour is too much to begin with. As has been stated, cut back and work up GRADUALLY. Like over months.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Don't worry about speed. Run at an easy pace that leaves you able to speak in short sentences but not gasping for breath. Walk if you need to. Vary up your days; if one run is an hour, run 35 the next time. Run 45 one day and 30 the next.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.