How many running shoes (active) in your closet? (Read 194 times)

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

My name is Andy and I'm a shoe-aholic. It has been 2 months since I have bought a pair of running shoes.... Seriously it may be a new record if I make it to 3 months.

It is now middle of July and I have made it from February since I have bought a pair of running shoes. The only problem now is that I have 9 pairs with only 10-30% of life remaining and no general training shoe with more than 50% life. I am going to have to break my streak soon so I have a pair with plenty of cushion/bounce for my long runs or my feet are going to start hurting. I think I can make it on 4 pairs of road shoes per year.

Memphis / 38 male

5k - 20:39 / 10k - 43:48 / Half - 1:34:47 / Full - 3:38:10

Half Crazy K 2.0

We went away at the end of June. I found a pair of shoes in the closet when I was getting the suitcases out. I forgot I still had them. These are ones I've used. Different closet fr6where my new, in box shoes are kept.

It's also really fun trying to explain my "funny looking shoes" to my non running DH. He is not impressed with my Vaporflies.

gorunn12

3 for me currently...all Saucony.....usually have 2 in rotation.  Been running "seriously" since 1980 with very few injuries so much gratitude for that! Bryce Canyon 5K tomorrow & Yankee Meadow(Utah) 1/2 marathon in 3 weeks!

I made a slight purge and now have 5 in regular rotation, and 4 others that I pull out from time to time depending on the run:

Descending order in number of current uses, I think:

Superblast

Endo Speed3

Endo Speed2

SC Trainer

Rebel2

also ran: 

Boston11 (modified)

Razor Excess2

RC Elite2

Alphafly (pretty much race only)

I seriously could do 90% of my runs in the Superblast, I am really liking that shoe.

I'm a cheapskate, so I don't like to get rid of shoes that have some life left in them. i.e.; I have a pair of Rebel1 that aren't as "good" as other shoes I have and I haven't worn them in months, but they have low miles and are still runable, so there they sit. I'm also selling a pair of <10 mile Brooks green silence that I've had in a box in my closet for 10+ years, they're probably "collectible" now.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

I broke my streak today and bought a new pair of shoes. fit2run.com has a $10 off sale right now and I got a pair of Brooks Ghost 14 for $80. I like shopping at Fit2run because they don't charge me sales tax, which is almost 10% in Tennessee, and they seem to go pretty aggressive when pricing their clearance shoes.

I still have a lot of shoes to use on easy days but none which I would enjoy on a 15-mile run so I had to get new ones. I just retired a pair of shoes I bought before the pandemic so I guess the net result is the same on my total number. I think this will be my 8th pair of the Brooks Ghost, which I use for long runs and I used to run my two marathons. I have the Brooks Hyperion for running races shorter than marathon but I have yet to take the plunge into super shoes.

Thank you to everyone for your support in helping me beat the shoe-aholic addiction. My next goal is to make it until November...

Memphis / 38 male

runnermom61

11 -- purchased in the past 18 months...(but most were on sale or discounted.)   Several are the 2nd pair of a certain model if I really like it (Saucony Kinvara 13, Hoka Mach 5).  I don't splurge on anything else (except maybe race entries.)

DavePNW

I broke my streak today and bought a new pair of shoes. fit2run.com has a $10 off sale right now and I got a pair of Brooks Ghost 14 for $80. I like shopping at Fit2run because they don't charge me sales tax, which is almost 10% in Tennessee, and they seem to go pretty aggressive when pricing their clearance shoes.

I still have a lot of shoes to use on easy days but none which I would enjoy on a 15-mile run so I had to get new ones. I just retired a pair of shoes I bought before the pandemic so I guess the net result is the same on my total number. I think this will be my 8th pair of the Brooks Ghost, which I use for long runs and I used to run my two marathons..

The Ghosts are my  favorites for general training and long runs specifically. I’m on my 17th pair!

Dave

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

I was sent by my wife to DSW Friday to buy a nice pair of casual leather shoes. I walked out with no leather shoes but three new pair of running shoes. They had Saucony Ride 15 on sale for $24 and I could not pass it up.

Memphis / 38 male

Half Crazy K 2.0

Andy, we're the unpurchased leather shoes for you? If they were for your wife,  you probably have some explaining to do.

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

Andy, we're the unpurchased leather shoes for you? If they were for your wife,  you probably have some explaining to do.

A wallet/purse is probably the only leather item I could pick out for my wife. No way I could attempt to pick out shoes for her.

I did demote an old pair to grass mowing shoes but I am out of slots for running shoes in my closet after getting these 3 pairs. I have worn 1 pair a couple times because I cannot resist running in a new pair but 2 of them will be unused for at least a few months. That will be a first for me.

Memphis / 38 male

dordle12

Prepare yourself with dordle, a new spin on Wordle that includes entertaining puzzles and user-friendly enhancements! To win, the player must first guess the new word, followed by selecting the best response. Every round, players are limited to seven incorrect guesses, so try to finish the puzzle as quickly as possible. So you think you can figure out the dordle game language? Now put yourself to the test!